Please Don't Eat Me! - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Makes me wonder why the debt was owned by the church. Sure hope it is something a bit more complex than "Organized religion evil! Raaaaah!!" (rolls eyes)

why is this (probably antagonist) guy the only one who looks like he isn't a lizard wearing a skin suit

Church has their own business and a succesful one such as hospital, loan business and jewelry. There's a priest here who converted in another religion and he donated his lands and his rental apartments. He's secret children from abroad protested and claimed that it should be divided to them. He owned rental apartments and jewelry shops! But takes money/donation from the poor religious people when he is so wealthy enough! Sometimes, the most holiness is the most unholy! Where can you find a criminal who robs and sells drugs other than politician and high rank polices? Church controls the voice of the masses esp. in political issues such as election and news!

So im just wondering... the church does not know that she is a purifier even though she was a holy knight before? OG ertha from the novel also probably dont know that shes a purifier too, right? Cause if they knew her worth before they wouldnt be suffering up to that point in the og novel. Or maybe being a purifier is not a well known knowledge yet in general so these people are not actively looking for one 😅

Thank you Bored Corona Kids for not punishing any characters with baldness this chapter 🙏🏼

@mcruz I think the Ertha knew she was a purifier, or she discover it when she meets the duke, because at the start of the story he eats her so in that moment both of them knew she was a purifier. I
n the original novel it starts when the duke eats Ertha, so I don't know what you mean with suffering till that point.
I think it's either that purifiers are rare or that purifiers among the peasants are rare, ofc Ertha was a noble before so...

Users who are viewing this thread