Please Don't Eat Me! - Ch. 5

Really loving how the artist's play with the panels and style

Since there can only exist 4 magicians in 1 generation; with 3 of them already introduced (the ML, the twins); the last one most likely be the villain. I had assumed this white haired man is the villain but could be a potential ally or in between

Group Leader
This guy look sus as hell.

Bet he’s gonna find out Ertha is a purifier and then wants to compete for her or something.

Aggregator gang
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

I think it is not possible to know who is the purifier, because it can be only detected when they are in contact with the wizard. So for these whole years, it makes sense that no one know about it. And ertha herself, should not know about it

i would so laugh if a single once folded paper came back with a "no thank you" inside...
but sadly while that would fit both mc and duke that wouldnt fitt all that well with the usual drama routine...
you know attacking the marriage before the mc gets married afterwards attacking mc for being the wife then attacking the married life

@yuchiyo
if he is the second ml thats gonna be embarressing
he will have to explain to himself and anyone but the mc why he let her and her family rott for so long even though they were once highly valued holy knights and basicly went down to serve the church and how much shame he is feeling right now at the fact that he claims love to something he and the church abandoned themselves to the point where the holy knight family had to find sanctuary under the wings of a mage.

trying to pick something up you once discarded can be very embarressing especially if someone you oppose is faster
and while he and the church didnt actively throw them away they didnt actively help either so abandoned fits quite well

Instead of being grateful "this is the protagonist of the world"....
And this man.... TRASH, taking an interest in her now that she's no longer in debt and someone has helped her out... As expected of trash churches. If she trusts and treats this guy well she's absolutely stupid (the church your family worked with is so rich, has tons of "talented" people at their fingertips, yet they let your family accumulate debt, never thinking of a solution to help yall... But now wants to contact you)
Chile..

I don't know why but I am suspicious that maybe the family never owed that much money and that the church was just ripping them off. Like there was something more going on in the background that I don't have enough info for to make a full-blown theory. Well, that's what I think at least.

Contributor
@comichoarder:

A solid third of South Koreans are Christians, too. XD

But honestly I feel like it's kind of authentic, more or less. The church in some of the time periods these vaguely allude to being based on, was capable of being very scary, and quite-involved in all sorts of power struggles.

Users who are viewing this thread