Pochamani

Oh! Thanks to bring this pearl here, can't wait for the next chapter.

Nooooo!!! don;t leave there like that!!! i need to know if this is being translated!!!

Dex-chan lover
Not bad. at least the boy act like a human being and make some sense when he want to get a girl. 5/10.

Aggregator gang
This is one of my all time favorite comics. It's gentle and sweet, with realistic drama (for shoujo).

Contributor
I reflexively grimace a bit that, being a shoujo manga, the girl who's concerned about her appearance is, of course, in fact perfectly adorable.

Like, that might even do some good here, for positive-body-image issues with a bunch of people who just think having some fat means looking bad. Just, the flip-side of the message would then seem to be "well, if you're not cute-fat—then indeed nobody will love you and you're screwed".

And then, the fact that the first thing the story goes out of the way to say is, basically, that she also has a "good personality" just makes it worse... ~w~; And then of all things, the one to approach her does so as a fat fetishist?! Like, the message here, for what a fat girl should need to do, be, and expect out of life, is actually really degrading and cruel. >_>;

None of this is to cast aspersions on the story's own intrinsic merit as a love story, of course, that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish. Just that I think it flubs any "being fat is okay" message in some crucial ways from the get-go.

...well, I haven't read all of it yet so let's see if it redeems itself any.

I think if you read the story for what it is, it's cute and wholesome.
but don't come looking for some deep message about body positivity, as if you look to deeply there are a lot of questionable themes.
The thing is, i wish their love story would've started more like the one with the second boy, where it's not a fetish, but rather falling for a person.
There's nothing wrong about having a preference, and even fetishes are okay, but if that becomes a template you have to fill in order for that person to like you... idk
It's funny and cute, but as someone who has lived all their life as a fat person, it feels a bit too... idk how to say it, but it just feels a bit weird.

Group Leader
If you wanna read about a chubby girl in love, I'd recommend Shorty and Chubby are in Love, but not this. This story is nothing more than the typical, run-of-the-mill, clichéd story pressing all the usual annoying buttons.

If ya don't read too much into the whole 'I like chubby' fetish the dude had, it's actually kinda cute.
I have to say though, he kinda explains himself on the fact that he's not with her for just her Thicc later on, but not really.

But it kinda has the feeling like what she's lacking in looks, she's making up for everywhere else. Not a bad thing, but if not for her being fat, she's just Mary Sue.

Users who are viewing this thread