Pocket Monsters SPECIAL Sword & Shield - Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
I like the personalities. Sword seem like a mix between Diamond's laid back attitude and Ruby's serious nature. Shield is like a mix of Sapphire and a lot of Gold's energy to spare.

Dex-chan lover
ok this make way more sense that the game, so dinamax is an hologram or a vr like yu gi oh. also their names are cool haha

Group Leader
@MrFuzzyPony
For Soudo's name, it's phonetically sword, but its kanji means "creator" and is an actual name
For Schildemilia, it's シルドミリア, where it's either an informal spelling of traditional shield in japanese without the elongation which is シールド, or it's the german saying of shield which is schild (シルド) Milia is usually latin for thousand, so to make it plural, translation team opted to make schild plural which becomes Schilde. It doesn't make much sense, but neither does having the name contain the word "two" in it.

Although I wish the mangaka provided the English/"official" names like they've done with Lack-Two and Whi-Two even though it probably makes no sense.

Dex-chan lover
Sweet, Sou and Schilly really work off each other.with their personalities without being antagonistic. I also like that they have last names, makes them feel more human.

Looking forward to this

Dex-chan lover
Sou reminds me of Dia a lot.
That's a good amount of genki too.
A good dynamic from the get-go between the mains will hopefully bode well for the future of this chapter.

I really hope someone goes through and does a Scottish version of Schilly just for fun.

Double-page supporter
Even if she isn't speaking with it, I'm still imagining Schilly with a Scottish accent.

Her reaction to being almost stabbed on page 12 tells me this is a common occurrence.

Also would he maintain an aegislash?

Users who are viewing this thread