Point Gifter Keikenchi Bunpai Nouryokusha no Isekai Saikyou Solo Life - Vol. 3 Ch. 15.3

Dex-chan lover
If I had to guess, the guild symbol being on his sword means 1 of 2 things.
1. Fildo is the leader of the guild. He was put there as either a scapegoat if things went wrong, or it's a "If anything happens to the executives, this kid's in charge" thing.
2. Fildo was never a member of the guild. Having a weapon with a guild insignia is a sign of being a temporary member, and he was never properly made a guild member. That's why there was no withdrawal procedure, he was never actually IN the guild, he just didn't know it
There are other options as well, such as them not properly processing his withdrawal so he couldn't join any other guild and give them the benefits of his skill, and the guild seal could actually be some other symbol that the guild just appropriated and overshadowed the origins of. (similar to what happened with the swastika) The deal with the guild seal might even be as simple as Fildo not thinking about it, it might be nothing more than the seal symbolizes that the sword belongs to the guild and him not returning it means that he's a criminal, or that it makes the guild able to claim any and all of his achievements as their own.

Dex-chan lover
The second one feels like it makes more sense in it's effect but It's hard to believe that HAVING the guild insignia means you AREN'T part of the guild.
I view it as "This person is on a trial period so we give them something to declare them as ours" type of thing. putting the symbol on something like a sword means it can be used by just about everyone, and easily taken back and reused when the trial is over.

Dex-chan lover
The second one feels like it makes more sense in it's effect but It's hard to believe that HAVING the guild insignia means you AREN'T part of the guild.
Possibly to make Fildo a scapegoat, in the sense that he could be accused of stealing the sword at any time.

Dex-chan lover
So Claude is too d*mb to run a guild legit, too incompetent to even defeat weak monsters in a party (sewer rats...) and is pretty much penniless.
BUT somehow when he turns evil he got connections to an extremely capable black market dealer (WITHOUT any guards or the like to protect his own life) who gives Claude some deadly poison and an extremely powerful and therefore dangerous as well as expensive summoning stone/crystal to summon a high ranking giant monster.
And also Claude suddenly is a genius who can easily hide from pursuers and even kill numerous people without being caught.

Does the author really think that this kind of development is "natural"?
This already goes beyond just convenient (a.k.a. lazy) plot development and reaches deep into just incompetent writing.

Sorry, I like the story in general so far.
But some story developments are just annoying.
And this one is outright atrocious.
Hopefully the author won't continue with these kind of d*mb story / character developments.

Dex-chan lover
So Claude is too d*mb to run a guild legit, too incompetent to even defeat weak monsters in a party (sewer rats...) and is pretty much penniless.
BUT somehow when he turns evil he got connections to an extremely capable black market dealer (WITHOUT any guards or the like to protect his own life) who gives Claude some deadly poison and an extremely powerful and therefore dangerous as well as expensive summoning stone/crystal to summon a high ranking giant monster.
And also Claude suddenly is a genius who can easily hide from pursuers and even kill numerous people without being caught.

Does the author really think that this kind of development is "natural"?
This already goes beyond just convenient (a.k.a. lazy) plot development and reaches deep into just incompetent writing.

Sorry, I like the story in general so far.
But some story developments are just annoying.
And this one is outright atrocious.
Hopefully the author won't continue with these kind of d*mb story / character developments.
Don'cha know? Being a sociopath gives you a free +100 to all stats

Dex-chan lover
of course, it's so logical!!!!
for a broken man, who cant even complete a rat quest for NOVICE in group of 4, he also had the most potent poison banned by the country and yet able to go inside a major guild UNNOTICED, even with the help someone

it's so simple!! it's mind boggling!!!
how FORCED THIS BS IS!!!

Dex-chan lover
well, according to the novel, he will be the recurring villain. so you will see him again later in the further chapter UNLESS the manga change it
OMG!!! no wonder the story goes bad, author can't make anything new
this is really going downhill from now on

Dex-chan lover
By the way what does the symbol on Fildo's sword mean ? Seems like there's much more than just a guild symbol...
If I had to guess, the guild symbol being on his sword means 1 of 2 things.
1. Fildo is the leader of the guild. He was put there as either a scapegoat if things went wrong, or it's a "If anything happens to the executives, this kid's in charge" thing.
2. Fildo was never a member of the guild. Having a weapon with a guild insignia is a sign of being a temporary member, and he was never properly made a guild member. That's why there was no withdrawal procedure, he was never actually IN the guild, he just didn't know it
My theory: Leonard revealed his sword was Durandal, a sword with extreme healing properties, while talking to Lunasis. Immediately after, he said that Fildo's sword was like his sword. This, to me, implies that it's a special sword with some property that Fildo was not told about, perhaps a negative, perhaps strange.

Dex-chan lover
My theory: Leonard revealed his sword was Durandal, a sword with extreme healing properties, while talking to Lunasis. Immediately after, he said that Fildo's sword was like his sword. This, to me, implies that it's a special sword with some property that Fildo was not told about, perhaps a negative, perhaps strange.
When talking about the special sword, he was referring to Excalibur, the sword Fildo got from the elves and used to kill the mountain sized dragon. The crest was on the basic sword Fildo used in the duel, not Excalibur. I'm pretty sure Leonard hasnt actually SEEN Excalibur yet, just gotten reports of a very powerful magical attack killing the dragon, and he put two and two together

Dex-chan lover
Totally in favour to get this series "cancelled" now, I mean MAN SERIOUSLY ENOUGH of this cringe plot just move on and give some decent sh"t and fan-service

Aggregator gang
i was going to say he done summoned a demon but that pic of a menos is better.
also sometimes the chapters are published that way in the magazine and only fully made chapters when its published on its on as a volume, though yeah some do cut them up on purpose even though they arent. usually the easier way to check is the raws, not always accurate though.

hmm wonder if he put like monster bait or something on the sword he'd 'gave' him when he kicked him out.

Dex-chan lover
How is it this guy couldn't defeat beginner rats anymore, but is now constantly besting the town's guards, and the this top adventurer, and so forth? Is this the power of evil or something? :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
How is it that this guy couldn't defeat beginner rats anymore, but is now constantly besting the town's guards, and then this top adventurer, and so forth? Is this the power of evil or something? :dogkek:

Edit:
(huh, it looked like I hadn't posted this comment, but apparently had? Anyway, now I've double posted and don't see a delete button, so whatever.)

Users who are viewing this thread