Pokemon - Festival of Champions (Doujinshi)

Dex-chan lover
Yuh this is so baller dude. I'm surprised by the level of quality of the characterization for this series. Giving the Pokemon character depth too is so appreciated. The Lapras chapter was amazing.

2edgy4me, and it takes itself waaay too seriously; but it's great to see the Pokémon world imagined this way, brimming with such passion from the creator (unlike GameFreak lmoa). One for your "Guilty Pleasure" folder. They should lock Masuda in a cell somewhere and force him to read this.

Dex-chan lover
Awesome artwork, and a dramatic, darker twist on Pokemon's story, without being the poorly written kind of edgy we see in most fan games.

Double-page supporter
This manga.. truly is a masterpiece.. I love it with Pokemon Adventures and I hope it will be recognized more. It's like the top 2 best Pokemon franchise adaptations (excluding games of course) and I wish it wasn't a doujinshi xD It's so damn good, from the story of seeing the motivation of not only each character (Misty, Volkner, Karen etc..) But also Pokemon in the team! We see the mindset of each and every detail is explored like how dark types and psychic types are affected against each other! it's truly a masterpiece through and through and man I wish it was really long! T^T It's too beautiful!!
Also I really love Green x Blue! :) You can see Blue having a bit of a special place in Green's heart and in each chapter, you can see their closeness while a bit of rivalry in there, and the trust Green has in Blue that he can't really show to a lot of other people. GOSH Why is this pairing so perfect in here?!
I usually wouldn't like Misty x Red (since majority of the times it just sucks and it's so damn cliche and boring... especially Pokemon Adventures Red x Misty..) this doujin made it so well done that it made me ship it xD

I have always been of firm opinon is that the fans of pokemone could do so much a better job for almost everything nintendo releases or loans its ip to. The pokemon anime is pretty shit but it has legit potential to at least be a good show. It seems japan suffers from this curse when considering the sonic franchise as well.

Dex-chan lover
The extra at the end of the chapter was hilarious. As always, can't wait for the next one.

(I hope I live long enough to see this series to its completion lol)

Fed-Kun's army
This is really great, it's a shame I'll have to wait months for updates. It's worth the wait though.

I lost track of time reading it. It's the pokemon story we always wished we would eventually see yet never did. And to have everything revolve around the one pokemon everyone tends to ignore or even detest makes everything even more special.

Amazing, I never thought I would see such fleshed out pokemon characters in my life. Unlike all those "authorised" pokemon products, this fan story actually gives their characters... well character. Not just the humans, but even the pokemon, they all seem like actual people with their own ambitions, struggles and emotions. Meanwhile, the real pokemon anime's characters usually are basically all just happy go lucky, even the villains lol. While that style isn't bad too, but seeing more sides of a character is way more engaging. You can see this by the various times they actually tried to characterise in the movies and specific episodes

Contributor
Chapter 13 is apparently being sold at this year’s Comiket, so expect a new chapter soon.

Users who are viewing this thread