Ponkotsu-chan Kenshouchuu - Vol. 5 Ch. 52 - A Kind Person

Dex-chan lover
I DONT CARE IF YOU LIKE HIM. I DONT EVEN REMEMBER YOUR NAME BLACK HAIRED GIRL. GET REJECTED AND LEAVE THIS STORY BEFORE IT GETS AXED.

They had a really good thing going and decided to write the most generic harem tropes and completely forget the series is about helping a Pon girl with her Super Powers from God. Remember that? Not tripping and falling into arms on stairwells as you cry in the rain like million other generic romances? If this was our Main girl in these situations it would be fine but the fact they made this series a Harem just to do this bullshit infuriates me.

I always looked forward to new issues since this was so fresh and unique and I understand if the author was getting tired writing new powers every issue, but DON'T ADD ANOTHER LOVE INTEREST TO THE STORY. I would love to see the MC and Yumesaki having these cliche romance tropes because I'm invested in Yumesaki and the MC. I don't care about this new girl at all and trying to force it down my throat issue after issue is just pushing me away.

Rant done. Fuck making every RomCom into a Harem.

Dex-chan lover
I DONT CARE IF YOU LIKE HIM. I DONT EVEN REMEMBER YOUR NAME BLACK HAIRED GIRL. GET REJECTED AND LEAVE THIS STORY BEFORE IT GETS AXED.

They had a really good thing going and decided to write the most generic harem tropes and completely forget the series is about helping a Pon girl with her Super Powers from God. Remember that? Not tripping and falling into arms on stairwells as you cry in the rain like million other generic romances? If this was our Main girl in these situations it would be fine but the fact they made this series a Harem just to do this bullshit infuriates me.

I always looked forward to new issues since this was so fresh and unique and I understand if the author was getting tired writing new powers every issue, but DON'T ADD ANOTHER LOVE INTEREST TO THE STORY. I would love to see the MC and Yumesaki having these cliche romance tropes because I'm invested in Yumesaki and the MC. I don't care about this new girl at all and trying to force it down my throat issue after issue is just pushing me away.

Rant done. Fuck making every RomCom into a Harem.
It's not harem... it's love rival...

It's to cheap way to add "tension"....

To a story that didn't need it.

Frankly, this was a story that worked well having only 2 characters...

Now, there is a good chance that this is more just to add another friend that knows the secret and she's not a real rival... probably might get heartbroken pretty quickly once she realizes they like each other...

But, again.... we didn't need more characters....

Dex-chan lover
Harem has been amalgamated into multiple love interests as a genre because where else would you put it. When you have more than 1 Girl to root for, you now have a Harem Manga. Every Harem Manga still has a "Best girl" who wins, who's usually the first introduced and almost no Harem Manga's end up with a Polygamous relationship with a few exceptions. It means the same thing now, 2 or 3, the amount doesn't matter.

Dex-chan lover
Took her time for that to happen. And ironically it happened as a response to her being told they are friends. What is she, a Yunyun or something?

Dex-chan lover
I wish she was never added to this manga...
I don't mind her being added, but I really wish she didn't have any focus, barely interacted with the side character, and instead was a friend of that mc girl helping her investigate the powers.
Maybe also verbalizing that it's obvious they (mc and mito-kun) like eachother so that they can actually get together instead of how they currently make it almost seem as if mangaka is afraid of letting their characters have a relationship, kiss, etc.

In other words, everything about her is annoying and only slows the already slow tempo down, even further. As opposed to how adding that third character could have sped up the too slow tempo...

Dex-chan lover
I really really didn't think they would go down this road like how does this happen in every thing who wants this. I thought she'd just be a platonic character added because that actually would be allowed to exist, mangakas lmao.

Hmmm, what if she's the one that's gonna cause the Apocalypse or something stupid like that. Because remember this manga is about saving the world apperantly.

Dex-chan lover
Rather than a rival love interest, think of her as a catalyst factor to their relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm, what if she's the one that's gonna cause the Apocalypse or something stupid like that. Because remember this manga is about saving the world apperantly.
It's supposed to be a meteor, so either that's not happening or something utterly incomprehensibly stupid would have to happen to bring about that course of events. Considering the bafflingly stupid decision to add a love triangle to this fluffy absurdist contrived romcom, I'm not about to make a guess either way.

Dex-chan lover
Man, it was good as an arc about a girl wanting a friend. I was pumped all three of them would become friends and work on the powers together.

Nope, let's ruin it with a love rival. Why? You LITERALLY had a dues ex machina to push the story wherever you needed author-san.

Users who are viewing this thread