Pop-up chapter language selection when you enter the site/place the chapter language selection in the Front page(when in guest mode) :maybe:

Or even just put a sign at the front page that points where you can change the chapter language. It's just to make it less intimidating for newcomers. I know some people(including me at first)that are confused with the chapter selection because there's so much things going on the screen. I browsed the planned and rejected section but I didn't really find it(well I'm not sure really because I'm not a native english speaker so I can't read english very well). I know this is a dumb request because you can just click the settings but, it's just a suggestion.

Group Leader
yep i remember turning to kissmanga after checking mangadex from this exact situation
i thought mangadex only had arabic or something

Group Leader
@blackyawgdom that only opens up after you register to the site
the op clearly said "when in guest mode"
when you first try the site you don't even know this https://mangadex.org/chapter/449568/1 exist

Dex-chan lover
You people don't go straight for the settings whenever you enter a new site? Ok...

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Since the suggestion is essentially "make the site more user-friendly and its customizability more obvious and accessible" I'll just say that that is one of the design goals of v5

This particular suggestion itself however, especially as it relates to the current iteration of the site, I don't think anyone's going to care enough to do anything about it

@Teasday ok. I hope that turns out well because this site is a very good reader, so it's sad to see many people not wanting to check this out because it's confusing for them to navigate around.

Users who are viewing this thread