Popcorn Avatar - Vol. 6 Ch. 29 - Final Chapter: From The Very Firest Time We Met

Dex-chan lover
I would have gone on a tirade about the stupidity of manga readers who don't enjoy good romance like this but for once I'm wring this story lasted about the expected time for an action story. The art style reminded me of Fariy Tail, it was good art. The story was interesting. Wada's flawed personality from his relation with Mayufu was nice when it didn't focus on the siscon aspects, which fortunately did not come up often. Ryou was a badass character that more action stories need. Lisa was a good female lead who worked with Wada to bring out the best in him.

Of particular interest was the choice of Hindu mythology as the religious background. Most stories I read either use Shinto or Christianity for their supernatural aspects. Seeing Hinduism was a pleasant change. The cycle of birth and death formed a good backplot to the supernatural elements. While no manga will be able to explain a religion in detail they can still garber sympathy for it by associatin good stories with that religion. This is something I've found happen to myself with Shinto, which I have more sympathy for than something like Taoism. This story alone isn't enough to change my sympathies for Hinduism but would if combined with other giod stories like this.

The story's biggest problem was the ax. It needed at least 20 more chapters to develop the ending, which felt very rushed. More time would have been necessary for the characters to be so friendly with each other. Although, I did enjoy that final panel of Lisa and Wana, more stories should do that.

7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread