Portrait of Queen Berta - Ch. 3

Contributor
Thank you for the release!

It isn't that Harold is stupid, it's that he trusts his first wife too much. That, and, intentionally or not, she's kind of guilt-tripping him (all that "I want to redeem your dirty blood" stuff). Looking at these circumstances, his lack of knowledge about childrearing (quite common among men, historically), and his own situation (it was mentioned in the novel and will probably be mentioned once the Queen Dowager comes up), he has no reason to suspect — Margarita hasn't exactly shown this side of her to him, after all. He's also probably thinking that it'll be better for his son to have the support of his first wife's family (looking at history and such). To his credit, Berta's words convince him very quickly.

I just want to give my opinion that Harold needs to be wiser about what's the best for his son. Send Louise to Margarita who clearly attaches importance to pure-blood lineage, for sure that's not the best decision.

Dex-chan lover
Just because the kid is not an inbred monstrosity, are they going to make his life hard? Sounds like some real monarchies.

My sadness and frustration level is high.

I hurt for FL.

Author needs to kill off some people.
tenor.gif

the king is dumb, that's the only reason for such a behavior
thanks for the chapter!

I don’t even want them to get along. He’s a jerk that sleeps around and just is so aloof. Like distant from human emotions.

Ugh, that shitty ML makes me nauseous. What a bastard! Just wait till ur son grows up and throws u away out of our queen's sight..

Thank you for the chapter!!

I'm glad Johanna spoke out and that everyone on Berta's side seems to be pretty firmly on her side and fighting for her. I also want Berta's relationship with the king to develop the same way...that he at least treats her with respect and someone involved in her life.

Not looking forward to Margaret though. She seems to delicate in the king's flashbacks, but...seems like a viper otherwise.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing developments!

Dex-chan lover
@elinertia42
The "sleeps around" thing was extremely common in the past, especially if the queen was infertile, a heir is needed for hereditary reign to continue, and among royals, in general the mother of the child was less significant than the father, the mc is actually unique in that she doesn't want to give up her son and go home, if this is implying to the middle ages, a mistress of a king could literally be someone paid to give birth to a heir, he is kind of a idiot though for not realizing the fact that his wife from the south, with different customs, might take offense at being asked to give up her son
that said, spoilers i read basically has her father getting involved, obviously pissed that it even get's brought up, get's the king's mother involved (who doesn't like first queen), loves her grandson and berates the king for his treatment of berta

STUPID NAIVE BASTARD :mad:@@@
Let's kill him and the green tea first queen already 🔪🔪🔪

The King clearly feels immense guilt from having to sleep with other women to make a heir, this was stated before so I would cut him some slack. Both are basically strangers that happen to have a child and in his eyes Margaret is a loyal wife and selfless woman so he of course was confused as to why Berta would be against it. Considering his childhood as an illegitimate child he probably will turn around but we can't expect it to happen overnight.

Also most of the country are petrorian citizens now, so the other nobles better throw the stupid pureblood pride away and play smart around the mother of the future King.

Dex-chan lover
This shit is getting good.
Finally a Harem series that actually deals with the issues of having a harem.

Fed-Kun's army
I hope she doesn't come to hate her child since because of him she became a sort of prisonner ...

Users who are viewing this thread