Potion Danomi de Ikinobimasu! - Vol. 3 Ch. 15.2 - Peaceful Days (2)

Group Leader
@FluffyDragon
Loli Mamoritai is why I started scanlating. I sent them an email ages ago attempting to become their proofreader with zero response.
After a little bit I became a proofreader somewhere else. Hated the fact that I was using Chinese raws for some godforsaken reason, so I got the Japanese ones and become a translator.

They don't have a proofreader because they actively don't want one and don't talk to the community.

Edit: That stupid saying at the end is why I started this spite project in the first place.

If you can't perform the BARE MINIMUM requirements, don't even attempt to help out before reaching those requirements. Just because we need more doctors in the world does not mean you should go and perform open heart surgery because, "well, I watched a bunch of House and Grey's Anatomy, so I'm basically fluent."

@FluffyDragon Me neither. Kaoru has always been pretty straightforwards in her actiuons and intents. Despite any problems in translation she has always acted on these 3 patterns. Reward people she deems worthy, punish anyone that tries to monopolize her, and do whatever the hell she wants. She's a free spirit that doesn't want anyone trying that. She doesn't want anything holding her back.

From what I've read from many comments some people are confused because they think her actions are contraditory with her goals. But they forget the fact that "SHE WANTS TO DO AS SHE PLEASES".

Minding methods and behaviors it's exactly what she doesn't want to have to do. She doesn't care if the process is easy or difficult, if it's only lightly effective or extremely efficient, she simply wants to do it.

People nowadays are too adicted on efficiency or "the best method", they forget that some people simply don't give a damn as long as the results pleases them.
I should know, i'm like that, rather I have an allergy to efficiency, efficiency is usually boring and anti-fun

Aggregator gang
It's easy make more friends is good and if they ignore you if you try to become their friend then set up as suspicious neutral or enemies and death to the backstabber.

@DrWhoCares you are an exception to the majority, so that's ok. My only complaint for you is the release speed, but if you can't go faster then you can't. I don't know why Mamoritai didn't respond, there is community interaction down in the comments of most of their posts, though it's limited by what you can accomplish there.
I'm not claiming that Mamoritai's translations are brilliant, but it could be worse.

Some examples from one chapter of a painful to read translation:
"We are a family of 4, both my dad and mom works and my little brother is still at an age of 9 yrs old so there’s no way I can tell my tried sleeping parents to do the breakfast preparation."
"By the way, I’m not athletic, I have an ordinary face, and only super-good at studying."
"While we were talking about the test problems we then arrived at the classroom in no time. It’s he first class this morning, so we have about half of the time before we get into the test."

I'd like to post a quote from another mess I've been reading, but it seems like someone has edited a lot of the worst offences, which is a kind of progress I guess.

@BloodySorcerer Yeah, she really does lean on the Chaotic Neutral side of things at times. Maybe readers misunderstand her displays of annoyance at being bothered... it's not like she's ever all that worried, considering she can conjure explosives, sleeping gas and even a "Summon Celes" device. Maybe it's just that Mile has so horribly tortured Common Sense-chan that I'm more accepting of Kaoru's easy going attitude. Really, all of FUNA's girls just wanna have fun.

Fed-Kun's army
I remember reading the Light novel and really wanting the old lady to get rejuvinated into her younger self again. #MAKEOLDLADIESHOTAGAIN!

I love this MC. She’s fun and relatable. So much better than the autistic beta male isekai MCs

It's really annoying when I'm trying to read a manga, but getting distracted by annoying first page commentary on how you're annoyed by people in here.

I don't care how annoyed you are.
I just want to read in peace, not read how you're insulted by people.

Keep those things in comments, not the manga itself. Common sense.

Aggregator gang
now ive seen it all, some weebs white knighting for a retarded isekai manga character. the future sure is looking bright.

It maybe not the brightest manga but it is a fun manga.
I'm thankfully fo the tl to bring it here, since they done their job the have right to put their 'brending' and other stuff here and there. Stop complaining people

Banned
110 reactions? Hahaha! What ego's.
Not a bright manga? :D This is one of the few bright manga around. I guess anything goes if you want to denigrate something you don't like.
This a manga whose internal logic actually makes sense. As far as isekai manga go that's a first.
As far as manga in gerneral go it's a rarity.

@Exlce There is nothing wrong with the translator, but there is something wrong with you.
@Chrona I just really pity how you are still reading poor translating, how about you learn how to translate or help him, instead of complaining like a bitc-.
@DarkLordAlfie Cause they also have pride.

@honeylemonmilktea I'm pretty sure you are the one with issues here, seeing as I got a notification for a reply to a 2 year old comment from you. How did you get so triggered from an old question and comments not even directed towards you?

@Exlce It isn´t fair how you were complaining to the translator, they get no profit. And I´m just glad that there we still translating. Don´t forget that they also have pride too. Why does it matter that it was 2 years ago? And sorry, I don´t have trigger issues

Fed-Kun's army
@honeylemonmilktea
I love how asshurt the scanlators are about trying to defend a poor manga adaption of a decent LN. Meanwhile not appreciating the fact his poor English is only further contributing to the problem.
"You have to be a translator to be able to criticize translators."
No, fuck you. This second bubble is abhorrent garbage and fails to use punctuation properly fundamentally, let alone read well..
--0h.png

If you need to drop an entire page of "words words words" to explain what is going on in the manga you are translating, you are doing a fundamentally shitty job at translating. This isn't a matter of translator notes like Golden Kamuy for cultural reference, this is someone who has done such a poor job articulating the motives of the main character they have to literally post a statement concerning what her motives are. If no one is paying him to do this, he can stop at any time if he doesn't like feedback. No one is holding a gun to his head for him to post this. No one is even forcing him to read the comments, he could literally just drop the manga and fuck off. Not only is he voluntarily translating the manga, he's voluntarily looking at the comment section that is pissing him off instead of just fucking off.

Fed-Kun's army
@honeylemonmilktea
For retards on the internet who post shitty translations and get upset when people don't love them for their "selfless" sacrifice?
aaf.png

This is also 100% okay with mangadex moderators as Halo continues to have an account.

Users who are viewing this thread