Prey

Oh I found an interesting series! Oh and it got dropped it seems! Like 90% of all dark manga that don't have slice of life comedy!

@fearmonger good news! There's a group (death toll scans) recruiting people to continue this one (and others). They need KR translators.

Is it safe to assume this is just a not as good quality Korean version of Mieruko-Chan>

Dex-chan lover
I do like the main character of this, who is very different from the one in Mieruko-chan.

Dex-chan lover
Looking at the dates on baka updates, if they are correct, Mieruko is older than this one.
But as said on the summary the concept of ghosts haunting people able to see them is older than both, there JP movies and ither manga that do that too, Mieruko is just one of the ost populars in recent times.
This story could have come out close to Mieruko as a pure coincidence, and it probably is, even if it was made for riding on that "hype" it fine because is not the same other than that.

Fed-Kun's army
Why would people say this is a Mieroku rip off? The story is completely different

Dex-chan lover
Rip off of Mieruko? Don't make me laugh.

I was always thinking of recommending this series to Mieruko's comment section, but seeing how people are bashing this right here, I guess I won't since it seems like Mieruko fans are lacking brain cells.

Some people just look at the description and think this is a ripoff without even bothering to read it. It's not like Mieruko author has a monopoly on writing stories about people seeing supernatural beings, and even then the story of this one is completely different, and far better, at least judging by the 12 chapters I've read while writing this comment. It might get worse as story progresses though, so can't say for sure.

Didn't expect to be this good, It has nothing in common with Mieruko, besides Asian folklore about ghosts. Art is a bit raw 7/10 maybe, probably because I read only first 17 chapters most manhua's first 10 chapter are rawish. I like how the shortcuts like low backgrounds, black and white, low details are used to elevate the horror or at least he is trying, using color at the right spot, detailing of monsters. Ghost design are solid, but doesn't compare to the Horror manga masters out there. Story still hard to tell if its good, but first chapter sucked me in for the first 3 swipes of my screen. If the artist will grow and develop, and the author keep me captivated by the story, it will become something more then "its alright". I don't even want to take a peek at the raws, so I don't know if the art gets better.

Users who are viewing this thread