Princess to the Rescue! - Ch. 9

Fed-Kun's army
I'm with Damien on this. She needs to get it through her head that if she is sure about this, she needs to put up with it all. The dirt, the grime, the literal shit, everything. No more living a life of luxury. She needs to be told the harsh lessons here and now and accept them. No matter how horrible it sounds, it's a bitter pill that she HAS to swallow.

This is just the surface of what she's going to have to go through. It's gonna get a lot worse when she has to go through her first kill.

Dex-chan lover
Hohohooho. I like him. :> (However his little stunt with the pads was like.. xD bruh you chose that time to snap? Lolol)
He sure is looking out for her. Although his method is blunt, at least it's straightforward and not like snide. He'll help her character growth

Many thanks

I don’t agree with the guy. Okay , she’s complaining but it’s totally natural as she never lived like that but she never talked about giving up. It’s as if he’s looking down on her, let the girl try before telling her to quit and go back to her luxury. She already said she would do it and not do as her brother said, try to encourage her or just shut up because he’s definitely not helping. I’m not saying that he should baby her(cause she definitely have been enough) but at least don’t put her down like this.

That’s the third series on my list dropped in the last day.... I get the reason, but I liked this one :(

Well I mean, she already make up her mind.
But I will stay neutral on this argumentation because both are in the right. Why?
Damian only cares about her well being but he just doesn’t really know how to act and that’s why he does it in a harsh tone.

The Princess is also right about her concerns but she really doesn’t know how to handle her emotions and also tries to adapt to her new life.

So all in all, I think that they should have a deep talk.

@Vananna yeah dude just wanted to be an ass to his ex fiance. She already made up her mind and u just had to ridicule her ugh plz dont make him ML stay as an ex pretty plzz

Thanks for the uploads. Really appreciate it.
Was he being harsh? Yes. But it is also a good way of testing her mental fortitude. She says that she has the will to do it, but if she is getting scared by a mouse and is uncomfortable with some dirt then how is she supposed to go through sword training, or even killing something? Things aren't magically going to get better at all so might as well test her now. Even if he believes she wouldn't give up at this stage it will at least strengthen her mental will power for later challenges.

You know I’m hearing a lot of people forgiving the guy ‘cause “he’ll help her grow” and “he’s only looking out for her” but you guys are only saying that because they’re characters in a comic.

If a real person were to act that way to another real person, regardless of whether it makes the girl stronger and helps her grow, she should cut him out of her life because he clearly does not respect her at all. He might care for her but he doesn’t respect her one bit and that is not a good relationship.

The only reason I forgive this is because they have to travel together. Not because it’s a comic.

Alpha might have the best of intentions, but he seriously needs to stop questioning her commitment to the quest. It’s been clear from day one that she’s resolved to see this through to the end and she’s only complaining because she’s not used to this lifestyle yet. Her complaints are more out of surprise than any genuine desire to quit. Heck, even saying something like “you’ll get used to it” would be better.

Tell her to suck it up. Tell her it’s going to get worse. Tell her she needs to become stronger. Don’t assume she’s going to give up after every little set back.

thank you for the translations so far!

I agree with damian here too, this journey is not going to be easy for both of them, and kindly explaining things to her wont really make her understand, she was still trying to sneak in her pretty clothes and jewellery before. as serious as she is about pulling through to the very end, she has zero knowledge or assumptions of just how exactly this journey will go, so it’s understandable that this is all a shock to her

He’s not even being harsh or bullying her, he’s simply being blunt and telling her as it is. as her guard he’s also got his life on the line and he needs to be certain these shocking facts of reality she will come across wont shake her resolve or set her back from how surprised she is each time.

I dont think any of this is because he doesn’t respect her, and yes his opinion of her isnt the best like we saw in the earlier chapters but thats entirely on how she has been living her life this entire time. I cant blame him right now for reminding her of her silk pajamas since she really does need to understand whatever expectations she has of this journey is not going to be her reality, and the sooner she faces the truth the easier it would be for her to adapt to whatever she has to face

27NU1Gi.jpg

Ah the dreaded Cliffhanger.

Dex-chan lover
@AaniK
A lot of people have the mistaken notion that being harsh like that will "toughen people up," when in reality it's not true. This misconception is usually partially due to survivorship bias, where only the success stories are looked at and the others are mostly ignored. The people who give up are usually considered to have not faced the hardship in the first place.

The best ways to get people to improve at something are still practice and good examples. Constantly telling someone they're not good enough is, statistically speaking, more likely to make them internalize that idea, rather than make them overcome it.

That's a long-winded way of saying "I agree, that guy needs to back the heck off."

Thanks for your work up to this point!

@Dragontrainer I agree completely. She had an out and didn't take it, and he just keeps acting like there's no way she'll actually go through with it. Constantly telling someone that they aren't good enough almost always makes them start believing it.

Once again, I have to respect the princess. We can call her sheltered all we want, but the truth is that a lot of us born into first world countries would have just as tough of a time adapting to such a rough world. She doesn't have to take on the whole quest all at once, she's adapting as quickly as anyone could reasonably expect.

Users who are viewing this thread