Prison School - Vol. 28 Ch. 277 - The Final Chapter: We Don't Have a Tomorrow

This manga really had its ups and downs, I would say the best part is all of the first arc when all the boys were in prison and the worst has to be the cavalry battle. The ending is kinda sudden, I didn’t like it but there was never a chance that this manga will get a normal ending, I was always waiting for the twist at the end, but I actually feel bad for Kiyoshi, he suffered so much throughout the whole story, and didn’t get any reward for it. Also I think some characters didn’t got the ending they deserve like Mari or Gakuto. But overall it had some really funny moments and I liked it.

Finally made it to the end of the manga, is 277.5 supposed to be chronologically after this or what? Confused about that, but anyways with this ending, honestly it's the most deserved, all the guys have been perverts thus far and commit sexual assault on a daily basis, and fight each other for their own selfish desires most of the time. They're just not good people, and they didn't deserve a happy ending at all. Furthermore, the author apparently likes to do tragic twist endings in his rom-com works, and given that every chapter of this manga used plot twists and dramatic irony/misunderstandings between characters for comedic effect, it's no surprise that the true ending of the manga would follow that same pattern. All in all, I enjoyed the read, and they reaped what they deserved in the end.

This manga is hilarious and i loved it, honestly really reasonable ending considering Hana's reaction to Kiyoshi's confession IN FRONT OF HER FACE after all the shit they've been through, she's a girl not a emotionless bot. Hana-Kiyoshi deserved to be together experience-wise ... Though the cavalry arc is imo a bit tedious and not well organized logically, overall it's a really good work.

I was warned that the ending was "bad," still decided to binge the whole thing in a day anyways...

Honestly, I think this is the most fitting ending for the manga. Idk what people expected, mangaka seemed to have took the Kiyoshi-Hana peeing arc/gag and ran with it. Personally, a good ending would have felt nice and tied up the character development, but it's a gag comedy manga. In fact, I think the cyclical result of Chiyo becoming what Mari was is a pretty good reflection of how hard it is to break free from these cycles in real life. Not everything resolves irl.

I would have liked to have seen the outcome of the various other characters' arcs (e.g. gakuto's), and I think the idea of another commenter, the one about more guys coming in the next year, has good potential. The premise of this manga is just really good for comedy, more of it would've been nice.

But yeah, I get the frustration if you'd been keeping with it as it released. When I finished the cavalry arc I was like "holy shit chapter 240 already?!" knowing it ended at 270. Really felt like the manga only had like 3 arcs, more would've been nice.

Overall, solid 7.5-8/10 in my book, even including the ending.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I think this is the most fitting ending for the manga. Idk what people expected, mangaka seemed to have took the Kiyoshi-Hana peeing arc/gag and ran with it. Personally, a good ending would have felt nice and tied up the character development, but it's a gag comedy manga.
This. It's the perfect ending, tonally in line with the series as a whole. No idea why so many were pissed off by it.

Dex-chan lover
I used to read this, dropped it in the middle, came back to see the ending, and I really liked it. It really fits the story, and I'll have to read the entire thing eventually. I think people pissed by it might have been too close to the material waiting for each update in order to appreciate it as a whole

Supporter
I spent 3 days on this, ngl I had a lot of fun until about 250chapter, but after ending I regret every minute spent on the manga. It isn't a secret that the Japanese don't know how to end their mangas, but this particular ending was one of the worst I've seen in my life, not only in manga, it has been the worst ending I've seen in all types of "literature".

For anyone willing to read this manga, PLEASE DON'T DO SO, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Users who are viewing this thread