Prison! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Reposting what I wrote on r/manga.
Fun fact for people that care. The kanji in 4 girls' names are associated to the 4 seasons so spring (Haru), summer (Natsu), autumn (Aki), and winter (Fuyu). I only know this from years of reading manga & Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail's/Edens Zero's author) usually has his protagonists are named this way.
Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't one year for weed possession really strict?
I bet the last one is because of tax evasion.

Japan is crazy strict about drug possession.
My question is how did she even manage to get weed in the first place?
except if you google "weed possession penalty" the first result show that in many states in the US "Possession of marijuana is punishable by up to one year in jail and a minimum fine of $1,000 for a first conviction. For a second conviction, the penalties increase to a 15-day mandatory minimum sentence with a maximum of two years in prison and a fine of up to $2,500"

so for repeat offender like her, 1 year seem light.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't one year for weed possession really strict?
I bet the last one is because of tax evasion.
It's not simply weed possession. She was caught by a police buying her weed, so at the very least she was possessing weeds for the purpose of trafficking, which has a maximum of penalty of up to 7 yrs and a 2 mil yen fine. Even a simple weed possession is already up to 5 yrs. 1 year in prison is already a very lenient punishment for her.

Dex-chan lover
except if you google "weed possession penalty" the first result show that in many states in the US "Possession of marijuana is punishable by up to one year in jail and a minimum fine of $1,000 for a first conviction. For a second conviction, the penalties increase to a 15-day mandatory minimum sentence with a maximum of two years in prison and a fine of up to $2,500"

so for repeat offender like her, 1 year seem light.
It's not simply weed possession. She was caught by a police buying her weed, so at the very least she was possessing weeds for the purpose of trafficking, which has a maximum of penalty of up to 7 yrs and a 2 mil yen fine. Even a simple weed possession is already up to 5 yrs. 1 year in prison is already a very lenient punishment for her.
Repeat offender? Trafficking? Where the fuck are you even getting this cause none of that is even implied here.

Dex-chan lover
It's been a while since I've read a manga that had me thoroughly convinced within It's first couple pages. I didn't even need to read the whole chapter to know that I'd love the hell out of this. This is so cute and speaks to some of my own personal preferences.

Thanks for the translation (seeing Haruno wobble so effortlessly was pretty sexy ngl. She's also got really nice curves).

Dex-chan lover
she was caught by a cop pretending to buy her weed, which means she was selling them. That's pretty much the definition of trafficking.
So, checked this a bit and it's actually she got caught by cops WHILE buying her weed. The cop was in full uniform and all. She wasn't trafficking, but this is indeed a repeat offense. She actually got a slap on the wrist. The max sentence for first time offenders is 5 years and for repeat offenders 10 years. She can't be a trafficker because the MINIMUM sentence for those is five years (max is 20). Japan is kinda hardcore because you can get up to one year just for owning an excessive quantity of paint thinner. Then again, here in Indonesia we execute drug traffickers.

Users who are viewing this thread