Pseudo Harem - Vol. 6 Ch. 126 - Hourglass

Aggregator gang
@Vasqueztion The job deal would probably be thrown off if she got married. They most likely want to market her as an idol, and being already taken would "damage" how much she could be marketed for...
So it's still the choice: job or boyfriend.

The real good choice here is obviously to talk it out together. If I were in her shoes, I would be clear about the job. I'm not breaking up for the job. If the job requires that, then I'll wait for another opportunity instead. A company who absolutely requires this would only market you as an idol anyway, and throw you away in a few years to replace you with a new "fresh" girl. It's better to take another shot later, with a company who'll want her for the long term.

I don't think the mangaka understands what it's like to be scouted for a job. It's not an interview, the people offering you the job want you specifically, and they're generally willing to compromise in order to get you to sign. The only thing she has to do here is tell the talent scout "I have a boyfriend and I don't want to leave him for a job" and the guy will do what he can to make sure they can still see each other while she works there because he actually wants her to work there.

Since I've started university must this year, I really like it when romcom touch on the idea that those simple highschool time aren't forever. I don't dislike eternal status quo type manga, but if a manga wants to do progression, I'd love to see things going outside highschool and into some relatively higher stake real life decision and difficulty.

This is ridiculous. She hasn't even talked to the talent agency yet; who knows if they'd require her to be single or not? The gun-jumping here is just absurd.

@Zakuzelo its usually seen as a better thing for a new celebrity to have no relationships so they gain more fans and after they have a fanbase they can date usually especially a young female actress its better for her to have no relationship so she gets more male fans. Though this is usually the troupe in media since its mainly also to avoid drama and any problems.

Dex-chan lover
an interesting comment I found elsewhere asks, 'are we still in the movie? it was about being an actress in a play club right?' what if we never left the movie they made?

Dex-chan lover
if she's conflicted and he's not gonna make her stay then it's over. she can't respect him if he won't control her. if this goes any direction other than her leaving him it's a dumb fantasy

Dex-chan lover
This feels off. I thought I missed something, but after rereading the last 20 chapters it feels like the mangaka did the missing.

Dex-chan lover
Given how unhappy many celebrities end up and how bad their relationships are for years (if not decades) choosing the guy she loves isn't the craziest thing to do. Given how phony and manipulative people it show business can be (especially the guys) it actually might not be worth it. It's a lot easier for many women to find a good job than it is to find a good man.

@trevoga

Like totally . I would totally be down to invest into this emotional journey if they had given it any weight. This is like out of nowhere . Though the art is so beautiful that it is hard not to feel her emotion. Even if the author doesn’t deserve it

Which I find weird because this was so emotionally intelligent up to this point .

Anyways I still love it

What the fuck is this stupid development? Why is there a need for this type of drama? Just.... why? This is so out of the blue...
I was enjoying it a lot until these last few chapters, it was just cute fluff romance. Goddamnit, I literally facepalmed after reading the "I need to give one up" bullshit.

All the people crying about the drama, oh my god.
It is called progression of the story, for fucks sake.
Let the characters grow.

im wait for whole week just to see this short?
and wtf this story becomes, this author develops their relationship for bunch chapter and then wanna destroy with some chapter.

Dex-chan lover
We've got 2-3 chapters left in a volume, so it will probably resolve to some degree within that.
Still, already feel spent. This is the kind of tonal shift that makes original fans dislike the piece.
I hope the author is not planning something like
Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte
aka straight-up destroying his whole piece within the final volume for the sake of... who knows what... being different maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread