Pseudo Harem - Vol. 6 Ch. 131 - Love

Double-page supporter
Right? But since there is no way of actually knowing I am just sticking with my truth, and that is they were just being all goofy. Because honestly I don't really get why they would have to break up
Well, from the looks, sometime during college, Rin had to put her relationship and fluff apart to focus on acting and modeling jobs until Eiji landed a job at the same TV station Rin was as an actress.

So yeah, looks like they put a hold on their relationship for few years a bit after starting college since Rin even state that she never met his parents.
But what if Rin got a better deal at some other TV Station? Or even Eiji himself got something better for his career? I thought the whole point of the end was they would work things together, not to each of their own until the world give them another opportunity.

This and the heavy drama at the end put a sour note for this great manga.

Dex-chan lover
I guess this chapter has so few comments because it was released when comments were down. It can also be the reason why there is no my comment here yet. Welp, time to write some.
This series is somehow unique in a way that it goes without collecting any romcom cliches along the way. At the very least, I didn't notice any (if there are - ping me). Obviously no "lucky pervert" moments at all (if I missed at least one - ping me). And oh my god, Nanakura's skirt length is normal. That's, like, super rare. Kitahama is neither everblushing unable to do or say anything doormat from shounen, nor a sultry hunk from shoujo. It's just a normal guy, fooling aroung most of the time, but serious and reliable whenever he is supposed to be. Nanakura is shy, insecure, scared of being rejected, but nevertheless making steps to become closer to the person she loves, culminating in her actually asking to go on a date with him. And the premise of the series - a harem of several imaginary personas - is what helps her in making those steps.
Chapters 66-67 are legendary. Simply that
But I guess my favourite is ch.29. The quintessence of what Nanakura Rin is. Not the type of girl I would fall in love with, probably. But dayum she is so precious. Seeing her happy makes me happy too.
Also, throughout first half of the series I couldn't determine whether Kitahama is being dense, or just playing along with her, all the way until their "first date". Actually, I still can't. This bastard is smooth as heck. I love his smile.
What else? Oh yeah, WOW wolf. WOW wolf!!!
Damn after re - reading this , It feels rly nostalgic

Aggregator gang
I always find this "catch up to you" thing stupid, but it seems to appear relatively often in manga, unfortunately. If the girl loves you and accepts you now, why do you need to catch up? Who do you need to convince besides her? Who do you want to prove something to? Is your insecurities or social expectations more important than spending several years together? And why do you need to stop seeing each other for so long? Wanting to be better version of oneself is admirable of course, but is it really impossible to improve day by day with your lover by your side? Overall, I don't get this concept, and i find it more sad than romantic.

Well, it may not be the case in this story, because it was not explicitly stated that they stopped dating (so i pretend they didn't for my own convenience) but waiting so long for marriage, which was your dream... I don't know man... I think we could cut that part out and there wouldn't be any difference.

Anyways, it was a wholesome and unique story and I enjoyed it very much. I wish us more similar quality works in the future.

Dex-chan lover
this was too quick of a ride, great stuff regardless. binging this was a treat. incredibly wholesome

Well, from the looks, sometime during college, Rin had to put her relationship and fluff apart to focus on acting and modeling jobs until Eiji landed a job at the same TV station Rin was as an actress.

So yeah, looks like they put a hold on their relationship for few years a bit after starting college since Rin even state that she never met his parents.
But what if Rin got a better deal at some other TV Station? Or even Eiji himself got something better for his career? I thought the whole point of the end was they would work things together, not to each of their own until the world give them another opportunity.

This and the heavy drama at the end put a sour note for this great manga.
Sorry this is an extremely late response, but I just need to write this down to get it out of my head and onto somewhere. I like to believe that they did video calls to each other over that time, one of my big problems was that when they met up again, neither commented on each others physical appearance at all, which means they had to be seeing each other somehow. What it also has going for it is how Eiji says "long time no see" which means that they haven't seen each other in a really long time, which is true for this case because they were just video calling. Despite all that, just to satisfy my brain I say that they saw each other at least 6 months apart at a time (at least or less), even if it was only for a few days, which should be easily possible. Even if the visiting thing doesn't add up, I will believe it to satiate myself. I loved every part of pseudo harem but I just hate thinking how a future couple can go SEVEN YEARS without seeing each other, especially in their 20s, that's like prime time for a young couple. It doesn't sit right with me and it irks me to think about, in real life, if they were true lovers they would do ANYTHING to see each other. Not wait 7 years just to work at the same office to see each other there. So yeah, my theory is at the BARE minimum they video call each other frequently to check up on each other, and in my own mind like to think they flew out to see each other at least for a few days at a time to spend, you know, real human connection time together, because future couple not seeing each other for 7 years is just unrealistic.
edit: another thought I had while editing this is that in chapter 130, it's Rin going to the college entrance ceremony. Now I'm not sure what degree they are planning on getting or how long it takes for it in Japan, but that's a lot of time in that 7 year time skip so that can also drastically decrease the time because they would've spent time together in uni.

Last edited:
All that “my dreams or my love” stuff was super unnecessary, either way, good read

Eris' from MT was especially brutal
I always find this "catch up to you" thing stupid, but it seems to appear relatively often in manga, unfortunately. If the girl loves you and accepts you now, why do you need to catch up? Who do you need to convince besides her? Who do you want to prove something to? Is your insecurities or social expectations more important than spending several years together? And why do you need to stop seeing each other for so long? Wanting to be better version of oneself is admirable of course, but is it really impossible to improve day by day with your lover by your side? Overall, I don't get this concept, and i find it more sad than romantic.

Well, it may not be the case in this story, because it was not explicitly stated that they stopped dating (so i pretend they didn't for my own convenience) but waiting so long for marriage, which was your dream... I don't know man... I think we could cut that part out and there wouldn't be any difference.

Anyways, it was a wholesome and unique story and I enjoyed it very much. I wish us more similar quality works in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread