Psycho x Past: Ryouki Satsujin Sennyuu Sousa - Vol. 4 Ch. 15 - Case 15 - Accomplice

Dex-chan lover
Teacher after being sent back to the time period: "Well, that went AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"
I mean, pretty sure he's gonna process that pain as soon as he gets back to his body..

Dex-chan lover
Wipe that shit eating grin off of your face, dumbass
I always wondered about these weird distorted faces you see psychopaths pull all the time in manga. Is it supposed to make them intimidating or something? It always feels over-the-top and takes me out of it.

Dex-chan lover
I always wondered about these weird distorted faces you see psychopaths pull all the time in manga. Is it supposed to make them intimidating or something? It always feels over-the-top and takes me out of it.
Probably their line of thinking was, over the top antagonist is overconfident thinking that he'll never lose. Proceeds to make these exaggerated smug face thinking that they have already won. Then surprised Pikachu face when shits not going their way.

tldr is the exaggeration serve a purpose to give a sense of gratifying to readers when shit hits the fan for the antagonist

Aggregator gang
Can't believe he's going to solve this in a detective like manner

Aggregator gang
I like how MC just happens to have the perfect piece of evidence to contradict every one of Kousaka's points this chapter like it's a fucking Pheonix Wright trial.
yeah but to be fair those kind of tricks are not really specials nowaday. Spoon bending, ghost photo and case of leaked test answers are just short of being common knowledge.

I like how MC just happens to have the perfect piece of evidence to contradict every one of Kousaka's points this chapter like it's a fucking Pheonix Wright trial.
Ace Attorney music was playing in my head this chapter

Group Leader
Wow, this case did not go at all the way I thought it would! Sure, having the evidence was pretty goofy on the part of the detective, but even back then these were common tricks hucksters and cult leaders would use to win over already impressionable people, so at least it works on that front, even though the execution could have been handled better, I'm sure.

I thought the use of Halley's comet was interesting, too. Infamously, the Heaven's Gate cult was actually spurred on to quit life en mass because of a prank involving a photograph supposedly showing a "spaceship" accompanying Halley's comet that was featured prominently on the "Art Bell Coast to Coast" radio program for a while (which I confess I listened to as a kid), that the leader of Heaven's Gate, called Bo, took as a sign to join the previous leader, who had passed away not long before.

Source: The Men Who Stare At Goats by Jon Ronson

Hilarious book about the US efforts to create and deploy psychic supersoldiers, I can't recommend it enough. The movie was not even close to how bizarre the real story is.

Can't wait for the next chapter, thank you JUM 🫡

Banned
If highschoolers are in enough of a cult mentality to kneel naked around a swimming pool praying to kousaka, I don't think they'd listen to any explanation made up by the teacher.

If you try talking to people in a cult they never really listen to what you're saying and just discount it even if they hear it.

Dex-chan lover
I am sorry but using magic tricks and illusions to "brainwash" a whole group is kinda dumb. I understand that the whole reason it worked is that teens are impressionable and will go with the flow of the masses, but the thought of beating the brainwashing with photos is very funny.

Users who are viewing this thread