Puberty, an All Boys School!? and Nakano-kun - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Suddenly Getting Closer!? A Test of Courage

She meant ろうそく花火 (Lit. Candle Fireworks): The sparklers they're holding. The other one even says hers is still burning.

Also, are you not doing all the dialogue? I noticed you missed a ”うーん..." on page 16, some screams on 17...

And the bit about "coming back" you pointed out in the end seems to me like it was a single sentence smeared out over four or five different bubbles, so it's necessarily awkward/inaccurate if you paste in the bits separately into a machine. On that note: What tools do you use for TL?

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I'd laugh if, after all of this, he comes to the realization that he's gay.
I think that would take a level of self awareness on his part that he is not capable of. Like he thinks about how cute all the boys around him are and his first idea is "hey I can use them to pick up chicks!"

Dex-chan lover
She meant ろうそく花火 (Lit. Candle Fireworks): The sparklers they're holding. The other one even says hers is still burning.

Also, are you not doing all the dialogue? I noticed you missed a ”うーん..." on page 16, some screams on 17...

And the bit about "coming back" you pointed out in the end seems to me like it was a single sentence smeared out over four or five different bubbles, so it's necessarily awkward/inaccurate if you paste in the bits separately into a machine. On that note: What tools do you use for TL?
Oh, it only did ろうそく, omitting 花火 part. (Full line: もうマッチとロウソク終わっちゃったぜ) I didn't know about sparklers being called candle fireworks in JP. Also, I just realized that Nakano just mentioned that he has the last one, so it's kind of redundant that she says there's no more sparklers, or I guess it's the last one in a pack.

Anything outside of bubbles and doesn't contain dialogue I consider sfx which I don't TL and clean out. That includes screams, grunts, and whatnots that I don't find necessary to understand the context.

The last bit is an echo/flashback of a previous bubble. It's the ghost that's talking (the one that appeared in the last page). If you go back on page 14 where that line was spoken, you can see that it's slightly transparent indicating it's "someone else" talking.

The tools I use to TL is Capture2Text to extract the text, Google Translate to translate, and DeepL for alternative when I want a different phrasing. For a last resort, I use chatGPT but only when Google and DeepL give really confusing TL. Also, I have learned about elementary-school level JP, so most of this is me and Google is just to confirm my grammar and kanji I don't know of.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
On page 9 upper left panel, one of them says “Even though it’s a clique” but I think it the word should be cliché.
ngl, I totally thought they were the same word with different spelling like barbeque and barbecue.

Also, I just realized that Nakano just mentioned that he has the last one, so it's kind of redundant that she says there's no more sparklers, or I guess it's the last one in a pack.
Assuming Nakano actually says it's the last sparkler, he's probably just lamenting the lack of matches to light his own. Again: The girl said hers was still burning, and that he could use it. Presumably she meant "Use it to light yours", thus averting the crisis. The other girl was likely confirming the lack of sparklers, and also adding in that there are no more matches.

Anything outside of bubbles and doesn't contain dialogue I consider sfx which I don't TL and clean out. That includes screams, grunts, and whatnots that I don't find necessary to understand the context.
I mean, I get it. Don't do the same myself, but I get it. But that's more like a "Yeah..." or a "Well...".

The last bit is an echo/flashback of a previous bubble. It's the ghost that's talking (the one that appeared in the last page). If you go back on page 14 where that line was spoken, you can see that it's slightly transparent indicating it's "someone else" talking.
No, I mean it sounds to me like there was one long sentence, including a quote, being spread over several bubbles.
Vaguely like this (Just imagine the paragraph breaks as bubbles):

で 僕らはその後

帰りたくない

と叫んで...

(Next page)

カラオケに行ったんだ

Japanese sentences are sometimes broken up over several bubbles, sometimes even pages, and when they're not put in properly, the sentences come out feeling weird. I got the sense that was happening here.

The tools I use to TL is Capture2Text to extract the text, Google Translate to translate, and DeepL for alternative when I want a different phrasing. For a last resort, I use chatGPT but only when Google and DeepL give really confusing TL. Also, I have learned about elementary-school level JP, so most of this is me and Google is just to confirm my grammar and kanji I don't know of.
Ohh, it's a whole package. C2T just uses GT directly. Still, I have to ask why you'd pick DeepL over GPT. It's like picking a hobo at the gas station for help versus just asking me, for example.

ngl, I totally thought they were the same word with different spelling like barbeque and barbecue.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Japanese sentences are sometimes broken up over several bubbles, sometimes even pages, and when they're not put in properly, the sentences come out feeling weird. I got the sense that was happening here.
Well, you're more or less correct. In the raw, Hiiragi says …って誰かが言ってたけどさ so she is technically quoting it to them, unless I'm mistaken on which part you're talking about. I guess I could've done "We all had a small chat and someone said..." in the previous bubble before the quote to give it more context.
Still, I have to ask why you'd pick DeepL over GPT.
DeepL has the function where you can click on certain words on the translation and see alternatives like synonyms and phrasings. I use that a lot to find better sounding words or phrase. ChatGPT translation, in my experience, is sometimes a hit or miss. It works wonders when there's slang and dialect involved tho. But, essentially, I want a sense of control in the translation and Google is just the blank slate to start with.

Well, you're more or less correct. In the raw, Hiiragi says …って誰かが言ってたけどさ so she is technically quoting it to them, unless I'm mistaken on which part you're talking about. I guess I could've done "We all had a small chat and someone said..." in the previous bubble before the quote to give it more context.
Page 16; bottom of the page. After "What's up, Hiiragi?"

Without the raws, I can't be 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that's basically what she said in the last few bubbles anyway: They were part of the sentence too! I suspect it went vaguely like お前たちが戻ったとき 僕たちが少し会話しててさぁ 次も肝試しやろう! って誰かが言ってたけどさ (Jesus Crist I hate translating from English to Japanese...)

Either way, it's not a big deal, but it's definitely something to look out for. That sort of thing even throws me off, because even if you realize it all actually goes together, the sentences are usually pretty long, and have a uniquely Japanese structure to them.

DeepL has the function where you can click on certain words on the translation and see alternatives like synonyms and phrasings. I use that a lot to find better sounding words or phrase. ChatGPT translation, in my experience, is sometimes a hit or miss. It works wonders when there's slang and dialect involved tho. But, essentially, I want a sense of control in the translation and Google is just the blank slate to start with.
I use 4 myself (So no word on the free version), and unlike DeepL, I've never seen it outright hallucinate entire lines. The biggest issue I have is that it doesn't really understand the full context of what's happening sometimes (Which is an inherent problem, not GPT's fault), and that GPT will sometimes try to inject politics into lines, or prioritize "natural-sounding" lines over strictly accurate ones, so it might, for example, specify a subject when none is given.

If you have a solid understanding of the essence of the message being translated, you can play around and give it the exact meaning in its context for alternative suggestions. Hell, you can just ask for synonyms directly!

Keep it up!

Dex-chan lover
"Oh, it's just a cat..." (Page 11)
That's no ordinary cat, it's Chiyo father!!
MV5BMDc5MzkwODItNTEzYi00NjBjLTg0ODUtN2I5NzNlMGU3MzRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ3ODcwNTQ3._V1_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread