Pulseless Girlfriend

Aggregator gang
Ok, ok.. BUT THE TITLE DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!
Blood wouldn't flow if the heart don't pump it, in a sense every heart beat count as a pulse...meaning how the heck would her blood squirt like that if like the title indicate, she's "pulseless"

@Sweet_Seats Some artificial hearts have pumps that don't pulse. Probably not what this girl's equipped with, but it's not impossible.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Just another trash fantasy for japanese incels

Why does this feel like bakemonogatari? ...with more yandere-ish romance. It's got me curious now.

Edit: 🤣😂🤣😂🤣
The end of the third chapter. I'm so looking forward to more. 😂

Well, I did want a yandere romance, so I guess I finally got it.

Dex-chan lover
@Sweet_Seats Exactly what I was thinking! It's not that she's dead, it's that she can't die! She's not a zombie, her blood flows, and she even mentioned in chapter 3 or 3 that he could feel how excited she was, too, presumably because her heart was racing.

It feels like the artist first wanted to make a comic about a dead girl, then decided to make it a girl that can't die partway through.

Dex-chan lover
@Not_Chef

Would not call it Yandere quite yet. She did not immediately threaten or killed that other girl. If anything she used it to just mess with MC. Mostly, she seems like a girl who knows she cant die, can regenerate, and has ample amounts of blood. And she is very direct. In other words, she likely is a Kuudere instead of a Yandere. Plus she likes seems like she has no care about her condition and treats it as normal. Plus she seems to have a rather dark sense of humor. But overall she seems ok mentally for someone who cant die, for now at least.

@Sweet_Seats the title makes sense.
The word 脈 (miyaku) can be used in the sense of "hope".
脈がある (miyaku ga aru) can be translated "there is (still) hope".

In the same way, 脈のない彼女 can be translated as "hopeless girl".

This makes sense in two ways:
1. she's mentally affected by her immortality, which excludes her from being part of human society.
This is why she's hopeless in everything she persuades, especially her romantic advances onto the main character.

2. Immortality is philosophically speaking often considered as "the greatest curse" for any being.
This is true for especially European culture, where the Graeco-Roman gods were the personification of decadence
as they had to do something to keep them entertained in their everlasting existence.
Their evils were even emptied onto humanity (compare to the story of Pandora and the jar containing all evils),
so they are in fact a byproduct of godly existence.
Humans in contrast are limited by their mortality, which is why they try to become immortal by their deeds and legacy.
This is what kept them sane (memento mori), creating all we have nowadays through the laws of cause and effect.

In the end, a person that is no longer bound to the rules of cause and effect by being immortal will become what we consider decadent and insane. In short a "hopeless" person.

Shouldn't this have a horror tag? Or maybe a psychological one? Well, I suppose it's still too early to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread