Pumpkin Time - Ch. 44

what a mayor pain in the ass, she's in that situation and has her head in the gutter

Dex-chan lover
It's rare that I ever say that I prefer a character other than the childhood friend, but I really can't support Ritsu here.

I honestly really dislike ritsu. He hurts others without realising it (maya). I want the Mc to end up with Maya’s brother tbh they suit each other.

Dex-chan lover
Holy fucking shit why are people angry at Ritsu here? He is by far the best person in this manga, even Izuki is a piece of shit compared to him.
@Seunru Are you actually victim blaming Ritsu for Maya's behavior?

Dex-chan lover
Seems the comments are divided. Glad I'm on the side that will very likely win. I've read mangas before where I ended up liking the second male lead more than the original. Either I eventually switch to liking the original ML as their relationship gets closer or I completely drop it if the original ML is actually shit (looking at Tyrant's Older Sister here). But it's always better to be on the winning side from the start.

@Darklight99
It’s because ritsu is being a bit of a pr*ck. he knows someone loves him yet he’s being especially cruel to them. Izuki is also annoying because she’s also aware yet she hides the fact of who she really is from ritsu. The only things I see that Maya is doing wrong is having an obsession over someone to the point of stealing and stalking them.

Best character so far for me in my opinion is Maya’s brother. He’s way better, kinder, understanding and he doesn’t force himself on others like his sister or acts cruel to others like ritsu.

Another thing is Izuki’s friend who tries way too hard to ship izuki and ritsu together, like she should mind her own business.

Those are just some of my thoughts on the manga so far. It’s tolerable but annoying at the same time. This is my own opinion. Please respect it.

Dex-chan lover
@Seunru How the fuck has Ritsu ever been even remotely cruel to Maya? He always told everyone that he has someone else he likes, Maya still kept chasing after him despite him rejecting her multiple times, Maya stalks him, chased after him to an entire different country, stole his very precious photo, and despite him begging her to give it back, she tore the photo up and threw it away, she bullies Izuki because Ritsu hangs out with her too. Tell me one thing that Ritsu did to Maya that was even remotely cruel?

Maya's brother is also a creep who chases after Izuki despite her telling him to leave her alone and acts rude towards Ritsu as well, hell he's way too obsessed with Ritsu as well.

Name one time when Ritsu ever acted wrongfully towards anyone while everyone around him is either obsessed with him or is lying to him and just other shitty behaviour.

Ritsu knows maya likes him yet is nicer and clearly shows favouritism to Izuki even though he isn’t aware izuki is his childhood friend. Doing all that in front of maya is pretty cruel if I do say so myself.

Mayas brother isn’t really a creep because he aware of his sisters emotional drama and is slightly aware of izukis and is acting like a peacemaker in a way. He’s not a “creep” imo because he hasn’t actually “chased” izuki. It’s pretty obvious that he’s looking out for his sister as well when being “mean” to ritsu because it’s also obvious that ritsu is clearly being cruel to maya by being kinder to izuki who he thinks he has no connection with that with someone who he literally grew up with and has confessed.

Idk about you but I’m pretty sure being kind to others in front of someone who confessed or you rejected is pretty cruel.

I agree with you that maya’s brother is a bit persistent when izuki told him to mind his own business but he doesn’t have to but ritsu showing kindness to other girls in front of maya is something ritsu should be aware of unless he’s airheaded.

I also agree maya is too persistent and aggressive and toxic however ritsu is just as bad for the above reasons. The only one who clearly hasn’t done something cruel is maya’s brother who’s just a bit nosey.

Honestly, I find Izuki so fucking annoying. She has no likeable traits at all. Its like her personality solely exists to make dumb tropey shojou drama through the most 2 dimensional misunderstandings possible. The only reason I keep reading this is sunk cost fallacy.

Dex-chan lover
How are people saying that Ritsu's in the wrong? For one thing, he doesn't have to like Maya, forcing him to like her is just fucking terrible for him, as much as it would be for her. Then there is the issue of Maya herself, who's not only sabotaging whatever chance of relationship she could had with him by being intentionally manipulative and coercive, but also downright toxic for others and absolutely overtly controlling. Just like men pestering women after they've been rejected, Maya is pestering Ritsu after several explicty statement of rejection. She's stolen his property, using Itsuki as a means to propogate her own agenda, and above all has no qualitites of her own being other than the fact she likes Ritsu for some reason and apperantly knows that though that he doesn't like her, continues to try to force herself on him.

As for Itsuki, she has aboslutely no idea what she wants before this chapter, which is understandable. She was a guy for her early part of her life, and odds are a relationship with another guy was never in that sort of understanding. The author stretches out the whole "when will she tell him" bit way too long and at this point it feels like it take forever. Her inability to actually speak is a fucking issue, but shit, she's probably terrible for words. While Ritsu acts somewhat like Maya does by putting himself in front of her, you can only see the difference in that while is Maya forces herself into Ristu's life, Ritsu is just standing by Itsuki and waiting for her to choose him.

For Maya's brother, its absurdly weird how and why he even tries to take part in whatever this is. First off, while he could like Itsuki, he honestly should try and actually clear things up with Maya, Ritsu, and Itsuki like an actual person. But since he doesn't, especially since he knows that Maya took the picture from Ritsu, all he's doing is feeding his sister's behavior and instead of being an honest assment of what she is to Ritsu, which is and only can be, a friend.

Shotout to the cousin and the Baseball captain who actually are function people who actually seem to have a good relationship worth a damn.

Aggregator gang
I want to summarize why Ritsu isn't in the wrong but Maya. She is forcing her feeling on him. That literally it, why should Ritsu apologize for anything???

Ritsu: The only serious fault I can honestly find in Ritsu is that he biased over Itsuki
Itsuki: This goes on for 22 more chapters
Maya's bro: For Maya's brother, I just don't like him since in a previous chapter he wished something bad would happen to Ritsu (maybe I read it wrong?) creeps me out in general honestly
Maya: Maya is the worst character, she stalks and steals from Ritsu and just toxic in general
Itsuki's cousin: The best character
Itsuki's cousin's love interest: The other best character

Aggregator gang
Holy shit I cannot believe there are people claiming Ritsu is the bad guy here. He's not.

In fact, I'd say him, the MC's friend, and her love interest (the baseball captain) are the only reasonable characters in this manga.
Izuki is a typical shoujo protagonist who comes up with the dumbest most contrived reasons to push the guy she clearly likes away so the plot can spin its wheels more. She's less a character and more a tool to extend the plot now.
Maya's brother isn't completely awful and has redeemed himself in more recent chapters, but he's still pretty stalkerish towards Izuki .
Maya is actually one of the most disgusting characters I've ever read in a manga. Despite Ritsu shutting her down completely she stalks him relentlessly, even FLYING TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY to follow him. She then latches onto him and cries and whines about how he won't love her instead of just moving on. This alone would be enough to get her thrown in prison if she were male. But that's not enough. She then goes and steals his beloved property (THEN DESTROYS IT), along with bullying and pressuring Izuki into assisting with her stalker mission. The moment Ritsu shows even the smallest hint of loving Izuki she goes off the rails and starts crying and bitching at Izuki too. I've read a lot of manga with characters that made me say "Damn I hate this character they're fucking evil" but Maya is by far the pettiest and most pathetic and most dislikeable of all of them.

Group Leader
??? Isn't it even crueler if you string people on even though you don't have any intentions of dating them/reciprocating their emotions?? Ritsu's just making his feelings clear (he would be scummier if he didn't!!), and Maya needs that so she can eventually move on. I honestly think it's way worse if he kept his options open and so Maya ended up never moving on ^^;;

Also her telling Izuki to never tell Ritsu while saying it's not for selfish reasons but for Ritsu is just... blegh. It's very clearly a selfish request, you liar. But the most frustrating part is how Izuki is like 'oh yah better get confused about that for the nth time now' lol

I'm so far enjoying this though, as much as I despise characters like Maya :)

Users who are viewing this thread