Pure Love Hippocrates

Group Leader
Oh, I know this one.

So, being in med school myself and having a undergrad and grad degree in engineering (just not mechanical), the only thing I have to say about this webcomic is that it shows the artist has no idea about mechanical engineering or the lives of medical students worldwide. It is yet another generic webcomic with this mediocre romance plot repeated ad nauseam.

It is like when I was a kid and wanted the Veterinarian Barbie or the Doctor Barbie. It was the same damn blond, cone-breasted Barbie with illogical proportions (ask a mechanical engineer what would happen if women had the same ratio of ankle thickness to height - I'll tell you what would happen, though I am not a mechanical engineer: their ankles would not sustain the weight of all their body and would break), just dressed in different clothes.

Same thing with this webcomic. Originality 0. However, since I know a lot of people love an easy read (and so do I, let me get this straight), I shall not rate this. I came in being biased and refractive to seeing any good in this to begin with.

I believe it wasn't intended to reflect the students worldwide as medical school program is quite different from ones internationally to begin with. (Korean med schools are 6-year programs and curriculum is slightly different)

I'll have to find out if it represents Korean med school well or if at all but I think the focus is more on romantic comedy as the author is known for his sense of humor 😀

😂Personally, I like it. 😂
It's funny as heck for me, I may not fully know what really happens in an engineering or medical school
but seeing how the author portrays the gag as to how the Korean college culture response to stress like the exams or age, etc.
It made me feel included like "YAS OMG, I KNOW DAT FEELING" is what I thought the author is intending to show.

And just a little info I think it is quite accurate like the grading and the exams because I watched a special on a Korean variety show called Problematic Men about a medical school 😁

eeeeh dunno how i feel about it. It's not offensively bad but there's nothing good about it either. It's just really mediocre.
As someone who is currently at a 6 year international medical school program in Asia , things like the settings (the grade breakdown, classmate list) are pretty accurate. The whole ordeal with the korean military is represented pretty well too. Friend of mine that joined with me first year left for his service and by the time he came back we were in our fourth year while he in his second. Now he takes all his classes with our juniors.

Can't really say anything about the whole ageist aspect of it though, that seems like a much more korean thing .

Dex-chan lover
@Mims So are you saying a Korean author who is from Korea using Korean medical school and practice and really has no intention of making this be read by people outside of korea is not being understood by people who are not from Korea.

wow color me surprise

Group Leader
After banging out 13 chapters in two months with the last update being 8 months ago, it's a pretty good guess that Cat on Head Translations has abandoned this project. Personally, I don't blame them if they have. It's now into it's 3rd season with a total so far of 80 chapters that are about 99% heavy drama, about 0.01% romance and 0.00% comedy.

Users who are viewing this thread