Q.E.D. iff - Vol. 10 Ch. 20 - Dying Message

Dex-chan lover
Isn't there time limit for criminal case? So very old case won't be handled.

Dex-chan lover
Well, she wouldn't get charged for defending herself (though hiding a body could bring up charges- which may have elapsed). But she did attack the detective and could get prison time for that.

This is somewhat like " The Afterimage of Light" (chapter 10 of old Q.E.D.).

I wish there were more cases where Touma wanted to solve from the beginning.
I'm still waiting for more exciting cases like when we found out more about Touma's past.

@tettra
There is. It's called statute limitations. And also, she's only defending herself. It was a self-defense case, and stuffing the body into concrete was also a self-defense case, as she would be in danger if she didn't do that, since her opponents were corrupt sons of whores and corrupt whores.
She could get charged for assault though.... For the detective guy.

Japan doesn't have a statute of limitations for murder anymore; most jurisdictions don't at this point. Since the exact circumstances are unclear and it isn't always legal to kill somebody in self-defense she'd definitely be arrested. Maybe not charged and prosecuted but definitely arrested.

Double-page supporter
I can see why she did this- if someone was so corrupt they'd be willing to kill you, then all their associates probably would do the same. She could probably get off on self-defense for killing the other woman, but she'd quickly be disappeared if she didn't run away.

Double-page supporter
I kind of like it when it's easy to guess the vague outline before Touma begins his explanation.

Even the original plaintiffs probably don't care anymore after 30 years, but for her, every time she looked in the mirror she couldn't forget. "But scars don't fade away" indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread