Q.E.D. iff - Vol. 15 Ch. 29 - That World

Double-page supporter
Man. Good thing he ran away from that messed up family.

Kind of shitty that he didn't tell his daughter what was going on, but that might have actually only served to make it more dangerous for her.

Dex-chan lover
What a shitty karmic family.. But why does the little sister that was attacked hugged the killer? Not make sense, except they are colluding each other... Also I demand justice, Kana's still Mizuhara-san but the lawyer is called Kirishima-chan hahaha Though it's the first time I saw Touma asking Kana to go with him haha

Been reading CMB for the past few days, so seeing Touma in action is a nice change of pace from Shinra.

@Colomopri well, they're still family, even if it's a twisted and warped family.

a bit un-reliable murder trick isnt it? 🤔
a stream that steady is a must so that the lamp not turn right and left
strangling a willing victim that would never move accepting that big rope

Dex-chan lover

Funny manga to be translating in that case :)

I was reading it and just kept thinking to myself "uh... why aren't they just saying a billion? Is the original Japanese juu man man instead of juu oku for some reason? That would explain it..."

Then we got to the actual family and how obscenely rich they were being described as, and I had second thoughts. The family sounds truly next-level wealthy, and ten million dollars isn't nearly enough to represent that. Which made me wonder if you were actually mistranslating sen oku as a thousand million, whereas it'd actually be a hundred billion yen (which is around a billion dollars, which is about the right amount of money for Japanese people that have been amassing stocks since the edo era).

Are you guys 100% sure that the raw said 1 billion? If so, I think the author himself has very little concept of money.

Dex-chan lover
Update: I read the raw, it totally said sen oku, which is 100 billion yen LOL, you all weren't kidding about being bad at math

Edit: downloaded the raw from https://mexa.sh/h05ebfmlpwvp/Q.E.D._iff_v15.rar.html and the number is first mentioned on iff_15_009.jpg

Dex-chan lover
The police was really bad this chapter. Why did they even suspect the lawyer when she was requested to be a witness by the family.
She should also have an alibi for the first murder.

Seems Momohiko didn't want to kill his younger sister, only to hurt.... that maybe explain why Rei hugged him after the revelation. In the end, Rei, the second daughter, "won" the inheritance, since Touga, the third son, was discarded, and this also applied to his daughter (who is also the granddaughter of Chojirou).

Dex-chan lover
All the math has been fixed 😔

Heh thanks man, I gotta appreciate that mangadex lets you reupload chapters in-place. I feel like every other past reader has made groups delete and reupload a "v2" chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread