Q.E.D. iff - Vol. 16 Ch. 32 - Mademoiselle Clouseau

Damn, the actual french is pretty rough in this one, I assume it's on the writer's part.
p.7: "Arettez" - Actually would be "Arretez"
p.11: "Tu bête femme !" - Basically gibberish in french. It's a very literal translation, common way to say would be "Idiote !" (Idiot, in feminine form), ou "Espèce d'idiote !" (pretty much the same).
p.24: "Pardonne moi" - Not really an error, but "Pardonnez moi" would be the "formal" way to say "forgive me", and that's what you'd usually say to someone who you don't know.
p.33: "C'est quoi ?" - Same as prior, it's not really an error, but it's a very informal way of talking, the more "formal" way would be "Qu'est-ce que c'est ?" (literally "What is this that this is ?"), or in a even more high-brow way of talking, "Qu'est-ce ?" (literally "What is this").
p.48: "Pardonne moi" - Same as p.24. Also, "Excusez-moi" would be more commonly said.
p.56: C-Combo, both p.11 mistake repeated along with the same "pardonne moi", but also, no one would stutter on "pardonne", and to put emphasis, one would say "pardon" on top, so it would be "Pardon, pardonnez-moi", ou "Pardon, excusez-moi".

Also, must not have been fun being named "Dreyfuss" when going through high school history classes, being the biggest french legal scandal of the late XIXth century.

If this lady is somehow related to the bumbling inspector from the pink panther, then it would explain everything.

Dex-chan lover
She is a genuinely clumsy human being. But that doesn't have anything to do with talent as a detective :)

Double-page supporter
Why did Touma start screaming when she spilled... coffee..? tea...? on the keyboard? It's not a laptop... all he has to do is plug in another keyboard... =P

Dex-chan lover
And here I was waiting for Samuel L. Jackson to pop out and say “say I am talented one more mother fucking time, I dare you!”.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter isn't clear on two things. What is the woman's job? And how exactly did she get the job?

Supporter
@Gazz91

It could be his custom mech keyboard man 😅. Even with cheap keyboard, I wouldn't want anyone to dirty my desk with tea/coffee stain anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread