Qualia the Purple - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

am I the only one thinking that other girl might have been right about them being actual robots or something? like... even if we were to see things differently I don't think being able to disassemble or reassemble someone would be possible...

I'm actually starting to see humans as robots from reading this. JK.
First of all, the word "Robot" is so distorced that I don't know the actual meaning sometimes. Even the word "human". I've heard once someone calling "living beings", "Organic robots". So there's many meanings to the word "robot".
But what I do know is that when Artificial Intelligences becomes true (if I am still alive), I will always think of it as sweet lies. When it is convenient, I will let myself be deceived by their "personality", but other times I will look at them with apathy thinking they don't feel pain like us, even if they scream and "cry".

Although, in manga, I feel conflicted. I mean, even if they are or not artificial inteligencies, they aren't artificial inteligences in the end, 'cause no matter what the author says, in the end they are still charater's from a story . Even if they are humans inside the story they are no different from real life artificial inteligences, and they are no different from fictional humans. (Confusing, right? And I probably don't help...)

The only human thing in fictional characters are the vestiges of the author's thoughts, and in the case of artificial intelligences, the vestiges of society and its creators. Both of them are not alive and don't feel, but we have the option to alternate between being empatic or apatic with them, just for our own convenience.

Maybe I'm just totally apatic to everything, including real humans too and I'm just rambling. Just kidding.

This is a really interesting manga that ive never heard about before, really good!
I definetely believe Tenjou's idea of people actually being robots and Yukari just sees them as how they are to be true, and Gaku definetely did and said the right thing, it doesent matter that she sees Gaku as a robot, because in Yukari's eyes, she still means a lot to her even though she looks the same as the action figures, which apparently are also her friends and at least somewhat sentient, maybe like toy story idk this is anime toy story

Users who are viewing this thread