R15+ Ja Dame Desuka? - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - Akine's Rebellion

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the chapter! I thought Akine's response to her mom ("Stop messing with me!") flowed especially well as a translation.. it's only a little more direct than her usual polite way of speaking but definitely conveys her frustration.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter! Chuunibyou to edgy is a little unusual, but the typesetting and general flow of the translation is superb. I know scanlation is a labor of love and so, so I hope this doesn't come off weird, but if I saw this in an official release I wouldn't bat an eye.

Thank you for the chapter! I thought Akine's response to her mom ("Stop messing with me!") flowed especially well as a translation.. it's only a little more direct than her usual polite way of speaking but definitely conveys her frustration.
I don't know. I feel like if they had capped it off with a couple of slurs, the they really would have captured her irritation with her mother better.

Supporter
Keep in mind that American teens are mentioned regarding the movie, so it doesn't make sense to call them chuuni, you would call them edgy instead of bastardizing the word. if that was the same thing her mom was doing, then it contextually lines up with "edgy"

Dex-chan lover
Keep in mind that American teens are mentioned regarding the movie, so it doesn't make sense to call them chuuni, you would call them edgy instead of bastardizing the word. if that was the same thing her mom was doing, then it contextually lines up with "edgy"
finally, someone who gets it.

Contributor
Untranslating “chuuni”, localizing it as “edgy”, no no no, you're all wrong. Just foreignizationally translate it as “8th grade (sickness)”. It's not hard.

Dex-chan lover
I like this version much better, be it the cleaner and more sheen typesetting or the translation choices. The F-bomb not being dropped is definitely closer to the original line and keeps the manga family friendly. Also, I see a lot of opinions opposed to it but I definitely prefer edgy over chuuni despite being a big Chū-2 fan and familiar with the term. Dunno, it’s just a matter or personal preferences. Feels like either option was valid to me.

Good on ther German name group for not wanting any beef. The other group is fine too. It’s great people are so actively fantranslating manga to this day.

Loved the chapter, although Amou-san saying she isn’t a little kid anymore after throwing a tantrum and before busting out of the house is kind of funny. Damn, are the women in this family fine ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread