R15+ Ja Dame Desuka? - Vol. 3 Ch. 24 - Movie Theater Tour

Group Leader
I knew the author was a hack, but it's good to get confirmation. I'm glad I stopped working on this series the moment the moron decided to "solve" the issue off screen after setting us up for the reveal. 51 chapters for maybe some resolution. Thank you so much, man.

Also, did the author fix the timeline issues at any point? I assume not, since he basically locked it all down by this point...
Heavy spoiler for chapter 67

The arc hasn't concluded yet but it is actually very possible the mom had her when she was a teen/early adult. The flashback is with her in high-school when she was 17 (age is confirmed) and we see she indeed used to work as an actress for a small studio/office and actually made a name for herself, but with the way the chapter ended there's an implication she might have been sexually assaulted during a drinking party (in the last page she's being kissed by an adult man while visibly drunk/possibly drugged).

As for Keanu, he is not in the picture so far other than the mom clearly being a huge fan of him and even wanting to be "Japan's Keanu Reeves".

In the next chapter we'll likely have the difinitivel answer to what's going on with the mom but, judging from this chapter alone, one of the reasons she doesn't want her daughter to see certain movies is likely because she was in them as an actress and if her daughter saw them it would open the can of worms that was her sexual assault. This would also explain why Fuyumine so readily agreed to her conditions because it was a traumatic experience and would certainly hurt Amou to know about it.

Last edited:
The arc hasn't concluded yet but it is actually very possible the mom had her when she was a teen/early adult. The flashback is with her in high-school when she was 17 (age is confirmed) and we see she indeed used to work as an actress for a small studio/office and actually made a name for herself, but with the way the chapter ended there's an implication she might have been sexually assaulted during a drinking party (in the last page she's being kissed by an adult man while visibly drunk/possibly drugged).
That doesn't work.
wygl96.png

rbxght.png

v466ej.png

53ret0.png

She was 15 when Constantine came out. The story takes place around 2021. She'd have to have had the kid right then, what with the length of a pregnancy. I guess you could play around with the exact birthdays to squeeze a year or two out, but that's a stretch. Realistically, if she has the kid at 17, that makes Akine 14 years old, at best.

Getting into autistic detail about ages here, the best case scenario here is that mom's birthday is on January 1st, she celebrated her birthday in that party thing, she got pregnant right then and there, and her daughter was born around September. We already passed September without any mention of a Birthday, so by my estimation, mom had her even sooner than that- which is logical, since, again, 17 years old in 2007 makes Akane 14, turning 15 in September. More importantly, they're not wearing their summer uniforms, so it's the past the start of the new year, which is around April. So at least half the year is already gone here. Meanwhile, the soonest she could have gotten Constantine was July 19th. Assuming she bought it instantly, then had it mailed, we're talking, barest of minimums, July 26th, but really closer to August. But they're wearing their winter uniforms, so September onward is the only sensible time this could happen.

For once, the addition of Keanu Reeves to a work has worsened its quality. I'm shocked; Shocked and amused.

As for Keanu, he is not in the picture so far other than the mom clearly being a huge fan of him and even wanting to be "Japan's Keanu Reeves".

No shit he's not in the picture! :pacman:

But John Wick came out in 2014, after Akane was already roughly 9 years old. Mom kept watching movies for years. So either she's a hypocrite who stopped her own daughter from watching movies while she gushed over every Reeves film, or Akine was totally able to watch movies for most of her life, and this whole "no movies" thing is a new rule. But it sounds like she's never been able to watch movies, or be on the internet.

In the next chapter we'll likely have the difinitivel answer to what's going on with the mom but, judging from this chapter alone, one of the reasons she doesn't want her daughter to see certain movies is likely because she was in them as an actress and if her daughter saw them it would open the can of worms that was her sexual assault. This would also explain why Fuyumine so readily agreed to her conditions because it was a traumatic experience and would certainly hurt Amou to know about it.

Dude's got a lot of work to do to explain why she thought banning all media, all internet access, etc., but only for her daughter, was the way avoid talking about your problems. Not to mention the fact that she won't tell her own daughter, but some boy from school gets the whole story. The first one you can let slide with some handwaving, but authors only get one freebie when it comes to plot holes; he's asking for two here.

I really appreciate your taking the time to share all this, by the way.

Last edited:
Group Leader
@BuyVelomobiles yeah I totally see the issues you pointed out. Frankly idk if the chapters will answer everything or address the timeline (I'm honestly expecting the author not to care much for it), I'm just relaying what's happening currently. All we know is that When she was 17 she began working for a small time agency with a couple other people and ended up making a name for herself. Even when she was 17 she was already a fan of Keanu but other than that, he has not appeared. Then I dunno how much time passed in between but I believe she turned 20 at some point given she was shown with a drink (guessing alcoholic) in her hand in one panel. And then one night she ended up being drugged (or got really drunk) and (possibly) sexually assaulted.

There is also the possibility that The man who assaulted her is some kind of director or other big movie staff name, or is related to a big studio or something, and she doesn't want her daughter to watch movies associated with him. But again we'll only know in the next/upcoming chapters. I still don't even know if she was sexually assaulted, but it certainly seems like she's about to at the end of chapter 67. And of course there's the dark possibility that her daughter is the result of sexual assault, but that's just speculation at this point.

Of course I don't mean to say any of this fully justifies her barring her daughter from watching movies, but I do think, if this is indeed the reason, then I can cut her some slack, even if I don't entirely agree with her approach. It's possible that after the sexual assault (if that is what happened) she just swore off the movie industry altogether and applied the same restrictions to her daughter both to hide her trauma, to prevent the daughter from being exposed to said trauma, and to avoid her daughter falling victim to the same predatory behavior she fell victim to.

Last edited:
Of course I don't mean to say any of this fully justifies her barring her daughter from watching movies, but I do think, if this is indeed the reason, then I can cut her some slack, even if I don't entirely agree with her approach. It's possible that after the sexual assault (if that is what happened) she just swore off the movie industry altogether and applied the same restrictions to her daughter both to hide her trauma, to prevent the daughter from being exposed to said trauma, and to avoid her daughter falling victim to the same predatory behavior she fell victim to.
She didn't swear off movies at all! She knows what happens in John Wick! It's hard to avoid if you're online, watching movies, and looking up Keanu Reeves, but if you swore off movies, and the internet, you wouldn't know shit. Yet she made a reference to the movie right in chapter 16! John Wick came out in 2014, when Akane was at least 9 years old, brother! At that point she'd be well into her 20's, so it's not like she's exposed to it via the club or anything, or swore off them after the birth of her daughter. And that's well after this presumed sexual assault, so it's not like she just happened to watch the movie before all of this.

EDIT: 68 is out, and it was a single kiss while she was barely conscious. Guy saves her, it's brushed off, she learns her lesson, then graduates. No big deal so far. She's now 18, it's 2008, she still doesn't hate media, and she still doesn't have a child.

Last edited:
Group Leader
@BuyVelomobiles I was going to say 68 is out and update you but I see you saw it. But you missed a couplee things that might help with the timeline?

She was 17 during the attempted assault so there wasn't actually a big timeskip like I thought and she was underage drinking. The guy that saved her from being sexually assaulted was her manager fyi. He then taught her to always avoid sexual encounters in the industry like that so she doesn't become victim to sexual blackmailing.

She then turns 18 and that's when her friend Mitsuki tells her that, despite her being such a big Keanu fan, she still has about 5 or 8 of his movies to watch. Maybe that helps builld the timeline a little?

After that she gets another interview for a TV drama where they ask her to get naked which she obviously refuses, having learned her lesson. But then after Christmas she discovers her best friend, who she thought was like her when it came to those shady movie staff people, ended up getting the role for that same TV drama, implying she took the audition and accepted sexual favors to get the job (we know she's struggling for money and has no house so that may have been a factor).

Chapter ends there but from this I now speculate the reason she hates the industry so much is this sexual favors aspect of it, given her best friend ended up wrapped in it. With the way the narration was written (from the mom's pov), it's clearly shown how important her friend was and how guilty she feels towards not helping her more when she could have because she didn't know better.

Last edited:

She was 17 during the attempted assault so there wasn't actually a big timeskip like I thought and she was underage drinking. The guy that saved her from being sexually assaulted was her manager fyi. He then taught her to always avoid sexual encounters in the industry like that so she doesn't become victim to sexual blackmailing.
Yes, I knew she was 17. I know exactly what's going on- don't worry; You don't need to explain the sequence of events now. I honestly don't know why you thought I missed anything.

Also, technicality: She was sexually assaulted, she just wasn't raped. Dude was going to rape her outright. And I didn't read super carefully, but I was left with the impression he was warning her to make sure she doesn't deal with shady people; She didn't realize there quid pro quo sexual relationships at the time.

She then turns 18 and that's when her friend Mitsuki tells her that, despite her being such a big Keanu fan, she still has about 5 or 8 of his movies to watch. Maybe that helps builld the timeline a little?
Nope

She had a DVD of "The New Keanu Reeves Movie", meaning that it came out recently. The best case scenario for the timeline is 1999's The Matrix. But then that brings up a long list of issues:

1) How and why the hell the school got the budget for a DVD player: These were luxury items at the time. A school isn't likely to spring for luxury goods, and her household isn't exactly likely to be rich and desperate to be on the bleeding edge of entertainment formats.

2) How did she manage to buy a DVD and have it mailed to her? Even assuming the unlikely scenario that her family really was loaded, and desperate to own a DVD player, or maybe the school was, for some reason, that doesn't explain how she got it in the mail. In 1999, if you wanted to buy a movie, you'd go to the store to get it, not order it by mail. I don't think anyone delivered DVD's in the first place by that time. There weren't many people with internet at the time, and I don't know that there were any websites selling these. And using a catalogue to order things you can buy at the local store is a waste of time.

3) She outright states Constantine was part of her adolescence (青春). Unless she counts 21 as 青春 (Which isn't how that word is used), and she actually had her Chuuni period a full decade after it's appropriate, the movie she got in the mail at age 15 must logically have been Constantine. There was only one movie where she might have had a DVD player, and maybe could have ordered it remotely, and that was 2003's "Something's Gotta Give", which isn't exactly advertised as a Reeves movie.

4) If we bend over backwards to make this Matrix timeline work, then it implies that she went through all of these horrid events, was assaulted, saw her friend succumb to sexual pressures from directors and stuff, yet kept watching movies with intense, cringy enthusiasm for years afterwards- even to the year her daughter must logically have been conceived in.

5) SHE SAW JOHN WICK. She made a reference to the events of the movie in Chapter 16: Something she wouldn't easily be able to do if she had cut herself off from TV, the internet, and movies. It came out in 2014, her daughter must have been alive, and perfectly capable of remembering things. If we take all the facts as canon, she must logically still enjoy movies, and merely banned her daughter from engaging with any media at all because it would be inconvenient for her in some way.

Bare minimum, she was at least keeping tabs on Keanu Reeves movies, years later in her life, despite "not liking them".

You've got irreparable timeline issues no matter what you do because the author is using real-world movies, with verifiable dates, and using them as anchors for his mystery without any concern for coherence.

accepted sexual favors to get the job

Gave.*

I'm sorry.

Chapter ends there but from this I now speculate the reason she hates the industry so much is this sexual favors aspect of it, given her best friend ended up wrapped in it. With the way the narration was written (from the mom's pov), it's clearly shown how important her friend was and how guilty she feels towards not helping her more when she could have because she didn't know better.
Regardless of the ultimate reasons for all this, and the ultimate quality of the arc, I think we can both agree this should have been done immediately after 16. It would have been a HELL of a hook for the next volume, while answering at least some of our questions. That cut to the kiss was so powerful, it actually lost me sleep when I saw it, despite you literally warning me about it. It was extremely-well-done tonal whiplash. Author might have actually been able to remember more for his own story and come up with something more coherent.

Last edited:
@BuyVelomobiles I was going to say 68 is out and update you but I see you saw it. But you missed a couplee things that might help with the timeline?

After that she gets another interview for a TV drama where they ask her to get naked which she obviously refuses, having learned her lesson. But then after Christmas she discovers her best friend, who she thought was like her when it came to those shady movie staff people, ended up getting the role for that same TV drama, implying she took the audition and accepted sexual favors to get the job (we know she's struggling for money and has no house so that may have been a factor).

And now it turns out the manager was just having Mizuki sleep around to get everyone their work. It's apparently been a recurring thing, and mom was literally the only one not to know. Frankly, this might almost have been good... if it the author didn't start writing all this two FUCKING years after he "solved" this problem in the story. Not to mention the TIMELINE ISSUES!

Users who are viewing this thread