Radiant - Vol. 18 Ch. 140 - In Whose Eyes?

Dex-chan lover
Couple things.

firstly. The best I can describe this volume is the calm before the storm. We see inquisitors do their jobs and build up their defences and man power before the war. Many things that will most likely come into play in the following volumes are established here like grimm’s origin, the horned sorcerers being older than sorcery itself, ect.

seeing Seth put his hood up as he leaves almost as if it was a muscle memory reaction, hiding his horns after being told he’s unwanted was a nice touch. I entirely Forgot he had a hood until it showed up at the start of the chapter.

lastly, the ending…

HOLY SHIT

Dex-chan lover
What... a... VOLUME, and what a way to end it.

Despite the tentacle coming from the tear in space, which is similar to the one Seth had so much problem with before, that didn't look like the Measnie magic... but at the same time, they appeared right after the name was said.

This brings a lot of questions, but I will say... the designs of the new sibs are cool as fuck.

There is one thing that has been on my mind about Seth's family, despite some differences... they all look too similar, even the most noticeable differences seem to come from "fashion" rather than physical ones, they look more like... clones, which bring a lot of even scarier implications.

Adriel... you really need to weigh your options here, i understand you aren't a fan of the Inquisition, but things are one step away from getting worse, and your sister giving help to a group of infected like that... you better have a plan already.

I hope that the things said in this volume, may work for Melie to make amends with her other parts.

This arc is so cool, things are about to get to epic proportions.

Aggregator gang
Despite the tentacle coming from the tear in space, which is similar to the one Seth had so much problem with before, that didn't look like the Measnie magic... but at the same time, they appeared right after the name was said.
What muddies the waters is that it was Triton who showed up, and right after Diabal said his name. So there may not even be any connection between Triton and the Mesnie. All we know is that Piodon really didn't want Diabal and Seth to meet him.

Dex-chan lover
I read throuhg the Q&A and grabbed most of the juicy lore drops. Things might be slightly inaccurate because I’m not entirely sure when Tony is talking or the fans are. this isn’t every question and a lot of these little lore tidbits are more so ones I found funny.

Dart dragonuv is 30. He was a vice captain at age 15

Volume 1-13 is less than 6 months timespan

No one will teach seth how to tie his shoes : (

The knights sorcerer circle used a potion to make Brangoire less suspicious of Ocoho. This is why he is always surprised at Ocoho.

How many more arcs?

1 or 2 more after Bome before the final arc (so 2-3)

Under grimm’s bandages is more bandages

Dragonuv’s hammock gives him shiny hair

Weapons of white silver have some effectiveness on nemesis but not nearly as much as fantasia. Once a nemesis is dead, it can no longer kills people by touch (and presumably doesn’t infect either)

If an inquisitor is infected, they lose their position aside from specific places or specific cases.

The man allergic to blue is allergic to all forms of blue including seeing the written word “blue” (probably by proxy words like “navy” and “cyan” as well lol)

Boobries egg will never hatch (I don’t remember boobrie laying an egg but it’s been a long time since I’ve reread radiant)

Dex-chan lover
As much as I appreciate any translation, especially so quick and all at once, there are a TON of quality issues throughout this volume, from entire sentences being outside bubbles to spelling/grammar issues and a lack of redrawing/cleaning in places. A bunch of dialogue barely makes sense. A lot of it feels very rushed and I don't really understand why it was rushed. Even if you want to outpace the previous group you could have done much better work here. It's just sad seeing a great series not get the respect it deserves like this.

As much as I appreciate any translation, especially so quick and all at once, there are a TON of quality issues throughout this volume, from entire sentences being outside bubbles to spelling/grammar issues and a lack of redrawing/cleaning in places. A bunch of dialogue barely makes sense. A lot of it feels very rushed and I don't really understand why it was rushed. Even if you want to outpace the previous group you could have done much better work here. It's just sad seeing a great series not get the respect it deserves like this.
It was pretty clearly machine translated, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was cleaned using AI as well. Machine translation isn't nearly as bad for French-English as it is for something like Japanese-English, but this definitely still could have used someone reading over and making corrections before being tossed up.

Dex-chan lover
Adriel: man, why do they immediately suspect us of being the issue in the inquisition
Also Adriel:

Dex-chan lover
huh. I don't know who to believe at this point. Piodon is obviously a POS and is uhh... not safe given the Satan transformation. But I'm not going to trust the rest of them right away either

Dex-chan lover
oh dear fuck the author(Tony) straight up Toriyama's this bitch wtf?

The poster commissioned someone online to scanlate this volume... and it shows. I'm from the previous group and understand the desire to finish faster than we did, but it's a shame that 1) this translation is really shoddy and 2) we were in the middle of our own. Would love to help clean things up and give the volume the respect it deserves, but we'll see.

Dex-chan lover
The poster commissioned someone online to scanlate this volume... and it shows. I'm from the previous group and understand the desire to finish faster than we did, but it's a shame that 1) this translation is really shoddy and 2) we were in the middle of our own. Would love to help clean things up and give the volume the respect it deserves, but we'll see.
I know it likely doesn't mean much from some random person but I would love to see your group do a proper translation. You guys did it real justice and it'd be a shame for some badly done snipe to stop you.

Either way, thanks for the work you've done previously and to anyone else who worked on it! :hearts:

Dex-chan lover
I reattached the double page at the end cuz I thought it was cool. Here’s what it looks like (if I uploaded it right which there’s a good 60% chance I didn’t)

(edit) looks like there’s some squashing so you’ll have to click on the Imgur link for the actual dimensions. I’ve only used Imgur like once before, also to upload images to mangadex forums so idk How it works.

I reattached the double page at the end cuz I thought it was cool. Here’s what it looks like (if I uploaded it right which there’s a good 60% chance I didn’t)

(edit) looks like there’s some squashing so you’ll have to click on the Imgur link for the actual dimensions. I’ve only used Imgur like once before, also to upload images to mangadex forums so idk How it works.
Oooh. That's the double picture. TY, I'll adjust and add it to chapter correctly.

Is there a way to have the page number be like "23 - 24"?

Users who are viewing this thread