Ragna Crimson - Ch. 73 - Body, Will, Soul

Dex-chan lover
Interesting concept that the clone is not a perfect copy.

Usually cloning is like copy pasting save files. But imagine every time you copy a save, something is different. So you keep save scumming until you get one that's close to the original.

But imagine every time you copy a save, something is different. So you keep save scumming until you get one that's close to the original.
I remember recently watching a KSP2 video where a vessel was randomly messed up by a bug, with small bits just floating to the side when they were supposed to be attached.
But after a few cycles of save, reload, save, reload, ... - the guy got it to unfuck itself.

Dex-chan lover
So, I actually read through those walls of text
Some interesting info
So, all of the maids who use time magic, are clones. Not a big surprise, I feel like that was already spelled out. But they're all clones of the Time Saintess. Shitty clones, of the time Saintess, but their logic is, 'if our clones only can reproduce 5% of her original power, we'll just make 20 clones'
The problem is in the fact that a clone has a unique soul, which maybe doesn't click as well with the power set granted by their body and mind. Hence, all the imperfect Time Saintess Clones.

But then you have the opposite, which is how we got the Time Dragon.

The Rainbow Saintess, Raksha (who we haven't seen a lot of I had to look her up to even put a name to a face), is another success story too.

So clearly, these people are a bit too cavalier with all of this cloning Saints business, considering its 50/50, either get a new Saint or get a demigod intent on killing you. Potentially this is the identity of the "real" traitor, someone resurrected, but with a fucked up soul, resulting in a repeat of the Time Dragon.

Also its implied that the old kingdom was super fucked up. A reason why there isn't a current developed understanding of Souls, but there is technology to recreate your Mind and Body, is because early research was in fuel efficiency of Souls. So they tried to power a candle flame with just souls. Took them one hundred souls to make a fire burn for 10 seconds. They felt that was something not worth researching. But, like, christ. Imagine losing your immortal soul to a meaningless experiment that only resulted in a candle barely burning. Gone to the void, because, hey, we figured after using 10 souls and the flame barely got going, another 90 more wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Some interesting info
So, all of the maids who use time magic, are clones. Not a big surprise, I feel like that was already spelled out. But they're all clones of the Time Saintess. Shitty clones, of the time Saintess, but their logic is, 'if our clones only can reproduce 5% of her original power, we'll just make 20 clones'
The problem is in the fact that a clone has a unique soul, which maybe doesn't click as well with the power set granted by their body and mind. Hence, all the imperfect Time Saintess Clones.

The Rainbow Saintess, Raksha (who we haven't seen a lot of I had to look her up to even put a name to a face), is another success story too.

So clearly, these people are a bit too cavalier with all of this cloning Saints business, considering its 50/50, either get a new Saint or get a demigod intent on killing you. Potentially this is the identity of the "real" traitor, someone resurrected, but with a fucked up soul, resulting in a repeat of the Time Dragon.

Also its implied that the old kingdom was super fucked up. A reason why there isn't a current developed understanding of Souls, but there is technology to recreate your Mind and Body, is because early research was in fuel efficiency of Souls. So they tried to power a candle flame with just souls. Took them one hundred souls to make a fire burn for 10 seconds. They felt that was something not worth researching. But, like, christ. Imagine losing your immortal soul to a meaningless experiment that only resulted in a candle barely burning. Gone to the void, because, hey, we figured after using 10 souls and the flame barely got going, another 90 more wouldn't hurt.
You have opened up a huge can of worms in my brain unrelated to what you said. I too couldn't remember who the Rainbow Saintess was either so I googled it and saw she shows up in chapter 60. Chapter 60 ALSO starts with an image of Ragna killing what appears to be a woman. Combine that with the gender shenanigans and I wonder if Ragna isn't somehow an amalgamation of people, maybe 2, maybe more, with a very dominant main personality. It's odd.

Also I'm glad that girl got her leg back. I thought she was going to need a prosthetic.

Dex-chan lover
Just curious, if a manga constructed a Great Wall of Text, does people actually read it? In my case, if the first few lines doesn't interest me, I just skimmed it.

Dex-chan lover
Oh look, another starting to care about individuals again. This will surely end up well.
Also the clone shenanigans clear up Raksha's timeline. I was confused because in Crimson's conversation with Starlia he mentions that after her rebellion Raksha joined the sun cult. But in Orthozora's flashback we clearly see her being decapitated by Voltekamui when Orthozora and Taratektora were still human. And once they got dragonified they visited Raksha's grave. But now it seems like sun cult either took a sample of the body or dug it up and cloned her. Although it does seem a bit weird that Orthozora didn't seem to be aware of Raksha existing as a sun cult saint, while it seemed like a common knowledge thing for Starlia. But I guess the author hadn't decided yet at that point whether he wanted to reintroduce Raksha as a non-flashback character or not.

Dex-chan lover
Oh look, another starting to care about individuals again. This will surely end up well.
Also the clone shenanigans clear up Raksha's timeline. I was confused because in Crimson's conversation with Starlia he mentions that after her rebellion Raksha joined the sun cult. But in Orthozora's flashback we clearly see her being decapitated by Voltekamui when Orthozora and Taratektora were still human. And once they got dragonified they visited Raksha's grave. But now it seems like sun cult either took a sample of the body or dug it up and cloned her. Although it does seem a bit weird that Orthozora didn't seem to be aware of Raksha existing as a sun cult saint, while it seemed like a common knowledge thing for Starlia. But I guess the author hadn't decided yet at that point whether he wanted to reintroduce Raksha as a non-flashback character or not.
The winged didn't really interact with the sun cult from what we saw. The cult is more focused on other bloodline right now. We don't know when the Rakasha perfect clone was made, but it could have been so recent Ortozora wasn't aware of her existence, as they didn't have fights with the sun cult in a while.
I mean from what we know in the future of Ragna. The winged did wipe out the whole country and the sun cult didn't deal with them.
Starlia on the other hand was actually in contact with the sun cult as they wanted to recruit her.

Dex-chan lover
And with this is even more implied that the original Raksha was Taratectora and Ortho Zora mistress

Dex-chan lover
Damn, finally hearing something about Leo. After the last major conflict it seemed so open ended

Aggregator gang
Summary of the chapter:
Blablablablablabla
Crimson is a genderbender
Body, will, soul, gender

Dex-chan lover
We don't know when the Rakasha perfect clone was made, but it could have been so recent Ortozora wasn't aware of her existence, as they didn't have fights with the sun cult in a while.
i was thinking like that too. its weird Ortho and Tara didnt realize that Raksha existing again in sun cult. could be just that author not deciding yet like Bohrain said above, or Raksha with her big pride (as explained in this chapter) dont let her past comrade who turned into Dragon knows. (since they are now enemies)

Just curious, if a manga constructed a Great Wall of Text, does people actually read it? In my case, if the first few lines doesn't interest me, I just skimmed it.
both yes and no imo. in my case i skipped it the first time, because i want to know what happen in the rest of chapter. then usually when i went back to it again, i read it slowly.. but that was a hell lot of text for sure.

Aggregator gang
Some interesting info

I guess that's why they now need to give the Saintess clones a training (brainwash) so they all act more like a hive mind instead an actual individual maybe it make it if I'm generous enough 70/30 chance now.

Dex-chan lover
What's stopping them from mixing the genes of multiple saints together to make extremely strong ones?

Aggregator gang
DAMN, i didn't expect Crimson to still have (friendly) relations with the other dragons, other than wanting to kill them

Users who are viewing this thread