Ragna Crimson - Vol. 13 Ch. 68 - Trap

Staff
Super Moderator
"a minute contains 50 seconds" this made me laugh more than it should
907698573137809478.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Alright show of hands who here thinks the prison saintess is actually dead
I’d say it’s too early to make the one thing that allows the Dragon Slayer Monks to function, the Carlas reversing time to resurrect them whenever they die, useless.

That there are three Carlas also seems to tell us that they’re meant to act as three extra lives for Ragna, Li Ruoxi, and the Prison Saintess in case of an emergency death.

Anyway, I wonder if the 99th man the Prison Saintess dated was Thorgil? When the Dragon Slayer Monks were introduced, Thorgil came in carrying her, which kinda makes it seem like they’re close.

Thorgil looks like the type to keep enduring whatever wounds come his way, so maybe he’s the one guy who managed to survive, but forced to stop dating because he’s still not really immortal.

Dex-chan lover
Roars are attacking
Glestonwak is coming to fuck shit up even more
Banko is unsealed and not in the place he was originally supposed to be
Moon dragon can shoot orbital lasers when she feels like it
Eye dragon probably has some keikaku in case shit goes south
Gilzea is probably eating Mcdonalds in America. This arc is looking pretty fucking crazy

Dex-chan lover
Right did people already forget that one of the core stated points of "all saints must have Carlas with them all the time" is precisely to prevent death? I wouldn't be surprised if some/all of the saints have been had near deaths before. Of course, there are clearly limits from what we've seen, even with Artemisia's ludicrously enhanced time control she couldn't reverse the world's time very long and thus undo the death of kin Ragna had killed a while ago. Carla likely doesn't have that trump card at all, or only very very brief and it takes lots of them. And with the kind of reality warping magic we've seen it may be there are forms of "death" that are more "erasure from existence" or something that also can't be undone. So yeah I could see it going either way. This is a serious fight, we know in the original timeline nearly everyone died. The Kings and high level seats are really, really strong. Everyone should be used to major, awesome characters dying at this point. Ones we saw way way more of than any of these saints kicked the bucket taking down the Wings.

This continues to be one hell of a ride though, pulls off the hard trick of continuing to top itself and rev up in a satisfying way and mix seriousness with hilariousness. Given that Crimson anticipated this possibility and the head seems like no fool, nor the DK's, clearly a lot of wheels within wheels going on. I'm also really anticipating (even while happy to wait for this arc) seeing what's going down in America and maybe getting some more world building about how history here really went down, the details of the original Dragon King's creation and what World Magic is all about.

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
One thing I forgot to mention in my first comment before she died the prison saintess said Banko you know the undying dragon king that was sealed and the machine dragons progenitor so things may be worse than you think

Users who are viewing this thread