Ragna Crimson - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - Thank you

Dex-chan lover
I knew she was going to die but still shocking and kinda sad to see her lose her head

Dex-chan lover
As a reader, I understand this is in line with the story and setting.

As a writer, I disagree with the author's choice.
I think this can be improved, for the better or worse, by having one big panel of big words "FOUND YOU", and then decapitation-fest. Later on, Kamui could have monologued a bit, "I saw something so bright in the distance, and I know no other thing can create such magnificent aura," something around that line.

As of right now (well, as I read up to this ch.), this felt more like a rug pull after all that build up. Yes, there were multiple hints and flags cleverly dropped the whole arc, but maaaybe it could be made less pain if we got that brief flash reminder of "you made a mistake by going full silver aura"? (although the pain would be longer? man)

Yes, I'm salty. Lol.

Dex-chan lover
... okay that's just fucked up. What was that?! I'm just hoping she can just control her body and the like, but those eyes are lifeless. Bruh.

Don't like it and want to drop it? Drop it, because you don't know why you're reading it. Before the fight even started it was said that Zora could call Kamui at any time, they finally killed Tara, Zora called Kamui, and Kamui came, simple as that. "It was out of the blue" exactly, it was directly said that Kamui was the fastest of all. On one page, him killing everyone is just proof of that. "It was a waste" how???? All characters were shown in combat with different interactions until the end. This does not mean that they will survive “just because”. Kamui killing everyone is literally the author's best decision, if it weren't like that then we would have a problem. So if you don't like it, leave, you definitely don't want a good story...

I think this can be improved, for the better or worse, by having one big panel of big words "FOUND YOU", and then decapitation-fest. Later on, Kamui could have monologued a bit, "I saw something so bright in the distance, and I know no other thing can create such magnificent aura," something around that line.

As of right now (well, as I read up to this ch.), this felt more like a rug pull after all that build up. Yes, there were multiple hints and flags cleverly dropped the whole arc, but maaaybe it could be made less pain if we got that brief flash reminder of "you made a mistake by going full silver aura"? (although the pain would be longer? man)

Yes, I'm salty. Lol
Kamui so far has only arrived, acted and killed. "Monologue" has nothing to do with him. And "I found you" would actually be nice, but meaningless... He literally killed everyone the moment he fell, why on earth would he talk? When? Up in the air? For what? Be seen? All, without exception, complaints in these comments are meaningless to me.

This manga doesn't deserve the readers of this site... "I already knew" Yes, the character herself said she thought she was going to die, before the fight had even started. "it's a waste" For you to consider it a waste, you had some interest in the characters related to the story, the author used ALL the characters, at different times, doing each one their best. Which is no reason for them to simply survive, as the story made it clear that this was not the only ending. Zora can always call Kamui, and it had already been said that he would arrive in seconds and probably destroy everyone... The final moment was really a big death flag, but it still made complete sense. The use of light from teleportation magic as "something beautiful and hopeful" is very clever. Them smiling and even stopping fighting is basically "finally, we can get out of this horrible situation", we spend several pages without seeing Zora anymore, and why? To exactly realize that this is too happy for a war and that Zora can still do something... And he really did. Ragna Crinsom hasn't made any mistakes so far, it's surprising. Literally all actions are well connected. I'm always disappointed when I see the comments, but at least my experience with the manga has been fantastic.

Dex-chan lover
Kamui so far has only arrived, acted and killed. "Monologue" has nothing to do with him. And "I found you" would actually be nice, but meaningless... He literally killed everyone the moment he fell, why on earth would he talk? When? Up in the air? For what? Be seen? All, without exception, complaints in these comments are meaningless to me.
Not a complain, but more of a suggestion in storytelling device. The "found you" is to ease the reader into the shock factor without diminishing it, while also as a callback to previous seeds that Kamui will indeed dash across the world to find Ragna and kill him at a moment notice. I think it would elevate this chapter more. After all, tragedy seems to be one of the core theme in here, and it is about knowing that something bad is bound to happen; we are in the train expecting (and falling into despair panic) that all the good things that have been built will be shattered.

I think there is no reason to put an audience in a shock realization status unless the genre is horror, and horror is not tragedy-thriller.

The callback to previous info is also my reasoning about the monologue, though I can give it a pass not having it.

Dex-chan lover
If only Crimson wasn't teleported away by those shitty mages they'd have escaped ages ago

Dex-chan lover
….I feel like people forgot that Crimson warned Ragna to not use silver arts cause that would immediately attract no. 2. The moment ragna did well…kinda sealed his own fate.

Users who are viewing this thread