Raise wa Tanin ga Ii

Fed-Kun's army
I was like "how the fuck this shit can win tsugi manga award" by chapter 1 and go "okay, that's epic" by the end of chapter 2

Dex-chan lover
for anyone who cares, i turned the latest Spanish chapter (10.2) into English. it's mostly google translate throw-up, so take it with a large grain of salt. https://pastebin.com/uRJBgXJ1

Yoshino doubts Kirishima's love for her, but in this chapter he seems pretty explicit and sincere about it... i really hope the author turns the relationship on its head again, because i want there to be more to Kirishima than puppy love with a dash of masochism.

Fed-Kun's army
We're probably not supposed to be relating to Kirishima, but Yoshino's I'm-really-pissed-now face makes me swoon a little too.

Dex-chan lover
Yoshino badass face is so manly that it feminizes the males she glare upon xD

Dex-chan lover
This pixiv extra has to be the single greatest extra this world has ever seen.

Anime adaptation, when?
official release in English, when?
If Wotakoi did it, please make it happen with this as well. Please!

I really don’t know why this doesn’t have a higher rating. It’s one of best/fav stories I’ve read so far. The characters are dynamic and interesting. No cliche or tropes. It’s really like a breath of fresh air (but there’s yakuza and blood n’ stuff).

I’m really looking forward to seeing how Yoshino evolves.
She’s kinda like a trap. She is the most ‘normal’ character and you you empathize with her. Then, ‘snap’ it’s like her real self comes out to drag everyone to hell and you realize her and Kirishima maybe more similar creatures than even she realizes.
]

Double-page supporter
Same premise as Nisekoi with a couple from two opposing yakuza family arranged for marriage.
Yet this manga executed the romance part better. The yakuza part of the story also isn't left out of the dynamic of the story. FemMC isn't a weak willed girl waiting to be noticed by MC. MC is fucked in the head but isn't unlikable.

Tl;dr
I got what i expected from Nisekoi and Nisekoi failed to deliver in this manga.
Good stuff.

Very much surprised after the first chapter. Now I’m very much hooked on this ... now about the next chapter? When will we get to be released?

Contributor
Man, that summary makes this manga seem way more comical than it actually is. Funny part is, it's almost entirely accurate

Anyways, I saw that this won an award for best new manga or something a while back. Since I didn't know what the title was though, I couldn't find it. Little did I know it was right under my nose! I can see why this won an award, it certainly is thrilling. I don't see how the romance is going to play out though...

@Ceiye It's very comical, but the humor is super dry. Acquired taste if anything. It's that slight bit of absurdism in the banter that gets me; this manga is really well written.

I wouldn't have the slightest idea what to do with a woman like Yoshino though.

Double-page supporter
wtf did she really
sell her kidney
just like that!??

Users who are viewing this thread