Rakudai Kenja no Gakuin Musou: Nidome no Tensei, S-Rank Cheat Majutsushi Boukenroku - Vol. 2 Ch. 4.6

Dex-chan lover
@Silwith A coup is not personal enough - he may not care about the ones in power, and the reader certainly doesn't. Killing off a character that you have "fleshed out" (not really, but that's what passes for characterisation in wish fulfillment fantasies) and is close to the MC invokes an entirely different emotional response. It was either the brother or the mother, but the mom is a milf necessary for fanservice, so the author chose the brother as a sacrificial pawn for "justification". The ridiculous part was MC seeing some low level magic he knows well and not stopping it with the flick of his wrist. But all makes sense if you consider the purpose of the death. I guess the author somewhat underestimated the intelligence of the readers though. There are still people that will defend this, so now you have a litmus test for stupidity.

@monkey123
It would be even more cringy if the MC calms down in next chapters and thinking "What am I doing? Why am I so evil?"
The author should definitely do it, if nothing else, just to see how far he can go while people still gobble up this shit and meatshield for it.

@sosiick

I bet author-kun thought his protag is super omega cool when he wrote this.
He was most likely relying on how stupid the target audience is - he probably reached that conclusion based on the popularity of other ridiculous isekai on the market and decided to try trolling too.

@Eksentrysyti
Poor Ephthal, a bunch of his descendants shagged a pig at some point and screwed up the genetics.
This needs to be made canon. Ephtal shagging a pig while drunk.

Fed-Kun's army
he has no problem obliterating the whole army
but waited until the guy died in vain...

nice one MC

Dex-chan lover
What is with so many of these stories with revenge elements having the MC become just plain sadistic?
That's not a burst of anger, a burst of anger is punching someone, pushing them to the ground and keep near thoughtlessly pummelling their face in as you're an emotional mess confused whether you're even angry or sad or something else entirely, continuing until you're either out of breath or multiple people grab you to immobilise you. No scheming "Oh haha gonna just use this special technique that requires a lot of concentration to kill someone".

MC: I won't protect my brother, who I love, because it might reveal me
Also MC: lets his brother die and then does the most flashy possible method of wiping out the army and then suddenly becomes sadistic and enjoys murder.

This man is having a race to rock bottom with Skeleton Couldn't Protect the Dungeon, apparently.

Dex-chan lover
This manga... I guess I'll just deactivate my braincells before reading it, so I don't lose them. Maybe it can still at least serve as some brainless fun?

Aggregator gang
@criver Well, I do get the intention, its obvious after all, but the coup is personal enough. He was a good guy in his old life as far as we know, his own descendant staging a coup (and trying to kill a baby for it, which his brother wants to protect) would be more than enough reason to act, it wouldnt even need much explanation for the readers (maybe a little bit for the... more challenged ones... :D)
And yeah, even if he goes with it this way, which is a hit in the face for every somewhat intelligent reader in the first place, the mc is obviously powerful enough to easily save his brother in this situation and he doesnt do it, thats too much "storyflow for 3 year olds" in my opinion, if you have to do it to bring the value of your mc down that mich to make a point... badly written.
As said, i do like it overall, fantasy isekai is just my stuff, guilty pleasure or so... xD but situations like this still annoy me on the side :D

@datonegui I still haven't seen after confirmation of death, but at this point, I'm just imagining him being alive because the plot doesn't hold. His clothing aren't made of mithril or some other unobtainium. Pertaining to his character, he attempts to shove off the prince to save him and is unable to act. I don't buy the author's cheap tension for revenge.

What I argue is he was slowed down by the evil powers of the dark gods (read: the author) who for cheap tension prevented him from acting correctly in order to save his brother.

At the end of the story, he'll discover this and seek to destroy the author in order to free his world from stupid plot hijinks and vitriol. I imagine once said task is complete, his world will dramatically improve and his brother may even return from the dead as a consequence of the actions of the merciful gods intervening on the MC's behalf.

This is my projected story outline.

[Begins eating popcorn to await the reveal of the Bigger-Bad, since the descendent/sperm factory doesn't make the cut for even a Big-Bad.]

Note: "after confirmation of death" means proof post mortem of demise. As in, all-dead vs mostly-dead. See TVTropes for details.

yup, since you're back to being youth, just annihilate all of your stupid decendants, and start all over again.

@JJred2 that works. Something to temporarily stop him while the evil forces watch in glee as he despite his OPness is unable to act. As such, he goes on a bloodbath.

Plus, at this point, I'm rather surprised they didn't whack his Mom too. Was that too DC Girlfriends in Refrigerators, or were they trying for selfless dummy older siblings needlessly dying for $500, Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread