Ramia-Yana

@TGS I love your webcomic thus far but I wish you gave the same love you do to the demons/monsters and ramia to the other humans. I feel like most of the monsters in the comic is heavily stylized but the humans designs are pretty mediocre in comparison. Which makes them feel less important and just some random fodder to fill space on the pages. They're also an integral part of the story, so that's why making them more appealing/cool looking is also something you should strive for. Unless that's on purpose then ignore everything I said.

TGS

Group Leader
@TGS I love your webcomic thus far but I wish you gave the same love you do to the demons/monsters and ramia to the other humans. I feel like most of the monsters in the comic is heavily stylized but the humans designs are pretty mediocre in comparison. Which makes them feel less important and just some random fodder to fill space on the pages. They're also an integral part of the story, so that's why making them more appealing/cool looking is also something you should strive for. Unless that's on purpose then ignore everything I said.

I did want to make them look more… normal/plain for contrast. Part of the concept is that the demons are meant to have that superhuman vibe, so if I make the humans too cool by default it’s not really gonna work out. meanwhile Ramia is that weird one that doesn’t fit in for reasons that will be gradually showcased.

I understand being let down by it, but I felt it makes sense. Part of the idea is also that you don’t have much expectation for them, so they can either meet that lack of expectation, or go far beyond it. While the readers look more forward to Ramia/the demons who looks cool and will generally meet those expectations, this can allow for some surprises.

Okay this story is one I have literally been looking for for years and I even made a mangadex account just to follow it. As an author Im honestly blown away by how surprisingly well things are being built and genuinely cant wait for new chapters! If there is anything we as a collective community can do to help, please let us know! I'm sure I'm not the only one who absolutely adores this story. (I would absolutely support your patreon if you made one for this story)

TGS

Group Leader
Okay this story is one I have literally been looking for for years and I even made a mangadex account just to follow it. As an author Im honestly blown away by how surprisingly well things are being built and genuinely cant wait for new chapters! If there is anything we as a collective community can do to help, please let us know! I'm sure I'm not the only one who absolutely adores this story. (I would absolutely support your patreon if you made one for this story)
Thanks! And I do have a patreon.(Not sure how you missed it since the chapters have a note that links to it lol)

https://www.patreon.com/thegoldensmurf

And a subreddit as well
https://www.reddit.com/r/RamiaYana/

Last edited:
Not really into muscular girls but Ramia might make me have a change of heart

The author's art has really improved since this started, and it was pretty good to start with. (idk if they read these but if they do, good work buddy)

Will this ever stop to add more esoteric exposure and characters and get something done?

I love the art... hell i'd love more, and i'll keep reading, but at this stage i've forgotten what this webcomic is about before the demons actually got something done.

TGS

Group Leader
Will this ever stop to add more esoteric exposure and characters and get something done?

I love the art... hell i'd love more, and i'll keep reading, but at this stage i've forgotten what this webcomic is about before the demons actually got something done.
Next few chapters will be continuing and finishing the guild fight.

I wouldn’t say that "not fighting" means that nothing happens tho, part of the point there was that a fight with Mandragloria was the expected outcome but it turned into a mostly goofy discussion. Also serves as contrast with what is happening in the capital where some genuine fights are happening.

And last few chapters were still mainly focused around fighting, ch13-13 was the first part of the guild fight, and 8.3 to 12 had the confrontation in the garden with multiple sides duking it out.

The full arc is already properly planned, there will be plenty of "things that gets done" hah. It just takes time since I put a lot in the art and want to develop the characters and their interactions too.

Users who are viewing this thread