Re:Monster - Ch. 95

Dex-chan lover
For some reason while reading this, I remembered an anime adaption was announced. Wonder what the masses will think of it?

Thanks for the TL
anime out of this? nice, a lot of adaptations are coming for the past few seasons, from titles that i either read as a manga or as a light novel

Dex-chan lover
For some reason while reading this, I remembered an anime adaption was announced. Wonder what the masses will think of it?

Thanks for the TL

Considering the usual moral screaming crowd seem to only care about sex-related stuffs, I'm not expecting that much outcry.

MC has mostly been eating monsters so cannibalism is pretty minimal (or somewhat handwaved since he's a monster)
Most of the sex stuffs can probably be sanitized for television, like how Nonbiri Nouka just implied it happening in the background without context

Dex-chan lover

Thanks for the TL
I'm more worried about the studio who's in charge of the adaptation... Studio Deen.
I kind of wish another studio was in charge.

Dex-chan lover
I've been thinking on why I stopped liking this story, and finally understood.
It lacks focus and even objective I can tell and is only going by route.

The dungeon exploration being done all in one go makes it be less a dungeon and more a list, no matter how hard they try to describe things as a challenge.
The powers he get also are mostly an interesting name after some time, and most of the ones that are not are either convenient just for the moment or rarely get used after the one time.
All in all, the dungeon exploration and monster eating, while supposed to be the focus of so many chapters, is just a boring list.

Would be much better if we got just the highlights of a dangerous dungeon and the one big challenge at the end, instead of so many levels with so many sub-bosses.

Maybe, maybe this could be salvageable if turned into a videogame... yet I struggle to imagine how some of the systems described in some of these dungeons would make it more than a boring chore.

Much more interest in the small scene of the other characters, yet with how the focus on them seemed to rush it felt like the author consider them just side-content and the parts that annoy me the main dish.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I think I'm dropping at this point. I don't care much about the cast, and the constant influx of new abilities only makes me value them less. When he started out, a new ability was potentially game changing. Now, it's just a black bar I quickly skip past. It's really sad to see the downfall of what started out as one of my favorite isekais.

Dex-chan lover
@Antinomy, both @Exington & @YoraeRasante vocalized what I've thought of this series, and frankly I assume this isn't going to muster even a splash amongst the anicommunity. It never focused on the characters in the begining, and it got less interesting around the time he gained horns, so I'm expecting another boring collect-a-thon isekai with semi-unique monster characters.

Dex-chan lover
I'm mostly just sticking around for his next evolution and the aftermath.

Which is very, very soon.

Double-page supporter
Aaaah thank you so much @IAMMON and the rest of the KSGroup team for continuing the translations for this series! I'm having a lot of fun reading it!

Dex-chan lover
so you are saying that after the next evolution things may become interesting again?
Something something the princess in the tower from c87 gets given great power and a mission, if memory serves me. I forget the exact specifics now.

Dex-chan lover
@IAMMON and the rest of the KSGroup team : Thanks for the update ! hoping you will be faster than my french compatriot to translate

Dex-chan lover
:huh: I return after years to find Ogarou still not evolved to a smaller form (unless I am looking at someone else) . Is his pp relatively so small that getting close to human size will cause problems?

Dex-chan lover
Maybe that is the author's fetish. Not only the minotaus have the same size difference as him and his wife, the royal family acting all weird about him for no clear reason also kinda points towards this.

Users who are viewing this thread