Re:Monster - Ch. 97

Supporter
It is unfortunate but people who dislike the format of the manga should just drop it. I'm not trying to be mean here but if you checked the novel, this is exactly how the story is written, every chapter being a diary-like day-to-day format that's why it looks so wordy. If they wanted to change things they would have to rewrite the story from the ground up in a different format so that's not possible.
I think the problem is that is been (what feels like) 40 or so chapters of nothing. Fight beeg monster, win, eat it to get stronger. No actual progression of the plot. Was much more interesting when there was politics and mystery to consider.

I think the problem is that is been (what feels like) 40 or so chapters of nothing. Fight beeg monster, win, eat it to get stronger. No actual progression of the plot. Was much more interesting when there was politics and mystery to consider.
Fair, iirc there were chapters in the novel that were like "nothing interesting happened today, life went on as normal". I think they have already condensed quite a bit for the manga itself, personally I'm waiting for the
Holy War Arc

Dex-chan lover
ya honestly I dont have a problem with journal type manga but the dungeon stuff in particular feels incredibly boring to slog through. The first one was fine but this one in particular feels quite awful to read through. I hope afterward the story picks up.

Dex-chan lover
Man this manga is stating to become kinda hard to follow

Thanks everyone at KS Group for the transition, hope you all have a good year

Double-page supporter
Fair, iirc there were chapters in the novel that were like "nothing interesting happened today, life went on as normal". I think they have already condensed quite a bit for the manga itself, personally I'm waiting for the
Holy War Arc
I'm only really interested in seeing that arc because from what I remember the WN fan translation was almost completely incomprehensible. That was around the point where the "translations" basically just became google translate, and also where I dropped the series.

Dex-chan lover
https://stars.library.ucf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2371&context=honorstheses

As recent as 2022, provide your research proof that you are correct in your flawed opinion. I've got 27 pages of research saying you're wrong.

But defend Japan's rape fetish more.
That's just someone's thesis though, did you actually read it? How about any of the others on the same subject?
Despite its fame, Stockholm syndrome has never been included in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).
There are whole books debunking Stockholm syndrome, one titled See What You Made Me do had this to say about the guy who invented the disorder.
"[Bejerot] made the assumption based purely on what he'd observed from an outsider's perspective, that they had a syndrome without there being any diagnostic criteria, without there being any type of study — and that's the basis upon which Stockholm syndrome is born."

Dex-chan lover
https://stars.library.ucf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2371&context=honorstheses

As recent as 2022, provide your research proof that you are correct in your flawed opinion. I've got 27 pages of research saying you're wrong.

But defend Japan's rape fetish more.
After having read the thesis, it isn't even about the existence or non-existence of Stockholm Syndrome, but about the likelihood of the conditions relating to the popular definition of "Stockholm Syndrome" appearing in different situations and different abusive relationships. I get where you were coming from, but this thesis has nothing to do with your argument here (and the specific use of Stockholm Syndrome very much does have dubious footing).

For a much more academically accepted condition with similar (although of course not exactly the same) traits, I believe there's trauma bonding and Battered Woman/Person Syndrome (which from my short research appear to be much more academically sound phenomena and diagnoses), which I feel still fit your argument that Aporou gained most of his wives through objectively horrible means pretty well

Double-page supporter
I don't mean to be a hater, but I loved this manga in the beginning, but now I can barely bother to read it. I'm not sure if it's because it's getting too complicated with his long lists of skills and combined skills and the long time between chapters or a combination of both or what it is.
The main problem I have is now the MC and his party are power up just for the sake of power up where no end goal in sight. The plot practically non-existence 20 chapters or so ago after they solved the problem with the tomboy princess. I couldn't care less about the new skills they acquired since they doesn't seem to be plot-relevance. I can practically skim all the speech bubbles and finish the chapter within 2-3 minutes now.

Contributor
Uff the fight seemed awfully rushed again, I hoped we would see a proper fight again after a long time... they should really opened the chests before this fight...

Users who are viewing this thread