Re:Monster - Vol. 7 Ch. 58

Dex-chan lover
@phil777
OP char that keeps collecting so many skills that they get lost in oblivion. The pace of collecting skills is indeed good, the pace of any meaningful development seems to be non-existent however.

@criver I like it because its an OP character that knows they are OP so the story makes it about them not just kill the thing and move on.

It's like superman comics. Everyone knows superman can just blink or breathe and the day is saved so they make the story about things around him giving reasons why he doesn't just save the day.

That also leads into evil superman just being superman who said "fuck stalling im ending this shit."

The selling point isn't the MC it is every one that interacts with the MC.

And besides, the LN has all the background details the manga is missing. LN>Manga>Anime>Movie

@LordGray

The selling point isn't the MC it is every one that interacts with the MC.

Nah, let's be honest, the main selling point of this is providing a masculinist fantasy, where the Alpha Male (tm) can rape and enslave freely and is admired for it.

I should probably drop it, but it's strangely interesting for its sheer ugliness.

First time in memory I'm kinda agreeing @criver eh. Dunno how you can continue reading manga, since everytime I saw you commenting a series, it was to flame it.

Dex-chan lover
@anotherone

Dunno how you can continue reading manga, since everytime I saw you commenting a series, it was to flame it.
I come back to this one at about 10-20 chapters' intervals to check how bad it got. It started off promising, then drowned in the formulaic "got skillz" "development". Reminds me of Moonlight sculptor.
On a side note - the fact that you haven't seen a positive comment of mine, simply means that you haven't read (or gone through the comments) of manga that I genuinely enjoyed. Also, if I don't mention some blatant bs of something that I am reading, then I probably consider it alright - there's an overabundance of "this is great/amazing/a masterpiece", to the point that such comments have become meaningless anyways.

@anotherone

Well, its defiantly not just " providing a masculinist fantasy, where the Alpha Male (tm) can rape and enslave freely and is admired for it.". There are other manga where that is the main point and people don't say that is the selling point.

Hell the rape and enslaving thing is just given a short snip and the story moves on. It's like "oh there is some rape and enslavement but hey what about all that other shit though".

Dex-chan lover
there's an overabundance of "this is great/amazing/a masterpiece", to the point that such comments have become meaningless anyways.

Same can be said for the criticisms, generally. Nobody important is gonna see 'em here and reflect on them. It's just venting into a void, pretty much. Honestly the only commentary I find remotely valuable on this entire site is the shitposting and joking around. Anything resembling a review of a series' strong or weak points is like "Thanks, I know how to read myself." I've also posted my thoughts on series more seriously too I guess but it's a lot fewer and further between than stuff like whipping out a picture of Austin Powers saying "That's not your mother, that's a man, baby" that one time on the Ika Musume author's newer series when another character thought the male lead's mom was a dude in drag because she'd seen him in drag before and he kind of resembled his mom too much in it. That was a pretty good one if I do say so myself.

Dex-chan lover
@anotherone
Aporou is a self described benevolent dictator. He is vicious to his enemy's and kind to his allies. You can argue about the logic of his justifications and ethics but at least he sticks to his own code of "honor". The plot develops because the Mc, and others, act based on Their knowledge and personal character rather than "The plot needs more lewd fan service and to promote Japan's superior rice and Katakanas!!!"

As much as you might gripe about slavery and rape to justify jabbing this series, it is way better then most of the series with those tags. This series has more to it then what you have colored it, which is why it still has some popularity.

Fed-Kun's army
>tfw you don't have a hot queen milf gf that will masturbate with your tableware when you're done with it

Dex-chan lover
No problem cannibalizing intelligent beings, but is creeped out by a hot milf.
This author is retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread