Re:Monster - Vol. 7 Ch. 62

I preferred it when he had a reason to deal with others, instead of attacking perfectly fine innocent people who genuinely appear to be friendly to him.

Also, if it's a dude it's okay to kill them regardless and if it's a woman instead they're forced to join him? This is treading pretty heavily into bullshit territory pretty fast.

@KingOf7s Ironically enough, reincarnating and becoming a monster made him more of a moral character, at least when it comes to cannibalism

Dex-chan lover
@Gemker

There wasn't much detail about his previous life in the manga, and i'm not too sure about the novel, but was he ever mentioned to have eaten other humans?

Contributor
>inb4 he recruits him into his army as a sniper

>inb4 he eat's the dude's gun

>inb4 he makes the dude's gun broken as fuck

>inb4 he mass produces guns for his army

Dex-chan lover
@Superioreos

'Evil-doing espers'
Fair enough. But did he actively hunt them to eat them, or did they attack him / encounter him randomly and then he decided to eat them? Relevant questions in my mind.

Also well, most goblins tend to have no , worse or generally crappy skills so far, so there's little reason to eat them I believe.

Dex-chan lover
page 2 : "proper communication is a priority to us" . yeah right , these inhuman animal goblins always sneak-attack 1st , kill 1st , torture 1st , eat their human victims 1st , then talk later .

page 4 , spoiled bratty princess : i love the meats of "giant c0cks" .

page 8 :
"royal jerry" , lol , japanese peoples and their bad Engrish . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_jelly .

bee larva ? no , they are actually bear 's fetus , so disgusting .

bee honey ? no , they are actually bear 's pee , lol .

page 9 : i will keep 16 bear bees as pets ... by stuffing them inside my item box . i hope that they wont die and stay alive after a few days without any food , water or oxygen .

page 13 : killing a pretty snake girl , bakayaROU the b!tch is so inhuman .

page 19 : it seems that this japanese b!tch cant wait to see a human being gets killed and eaten , so she runs very fast to inform bakayaROU the c0ckroach .

page 20 : this gunner was isekai-ed / reborned as an adult 1 years ago , but bakayaROU was reborned as a baby goblin instead . this novel / manga has no rules , no logical consistency at all .

@daywithoutgames

page 20 : this gunner was reborned as an adult 1 years ago , but bakayaROU was reborned as a baby goblin . this novel / manga has no rules , no logical consistency at all .

This is literally explained the previous chapter. He's a foreigner. Foreigners are, to quote, "the result of people living in other worlds having their soul reproduced, and placed in a special vessel here". I don't see how that needs to even bring in age, MC just happened to be a baby

@Ira_Acedia

Rou isn't a "Foreigner", he was genuinely transported to this otherworld, not a copy made by Great God of Space. The circumstances surrounding his reincarnation are still mysterious though.

@Gemker

This isn't true. He was as 'moral' in his previous life as in this one, this is shown later in the novel and in a couple of side stories.

Sure he was a cannibal in his past life, but he's in this one too, he ate a fellow goblin when he was one and ate mountains of ogres when he got the giant summoning skill, nothing changed. In fact, with no law to bind him, he didn't to inhibit his gluttony anymore and feeds on innocent people, I believe his morals mostly didn't change, he just lost his shackles.

Fed-Kun's army
i do believe his moral is higher in his previous life, at least he only ate criminals then
now he would eat anyone as long as it's beneficial to him
but well, he's a monster, so it's kinda expected
and that's what made this manga fun to read compared to most isekai manga that forced modern morals into medieval fantasy world (no slave, killing is not good, etc)

@Obarou

That's what I thought, but then I checked the wiki and it states that he's a foreigner. The wiki is obviously further ahead than the manga, since the manga is an adaptation (I believe).

They use the word "Otherworlder" rather than "Foreigner", but the description is the same (and those we know as foreigners from the last few chapters are given the title of Otherworlder). https://re-monster.fandom.com/wiki/Otherworlder

Known Otherworlders:
Rou
Kaede Sumeragi
The Sage from Another World
The Magical Gunner from Another World

Dex-chan lover
@Obarou

So he hunted them primarily to eat them or for the bounty, with the other being secondary?

@Robbini

He did it primarily to eat them, after all, you could say that he's that was born to eat, an embodiment of gluttony.

@Ira_Acedia

The Wiki is not perfect, it mostly uses machine translations, to be honest I don't know from where they got information that Rou is an "Otherworlder", I read the whole novel in raws, and that was never said, they probably just mistook what kind of existences he was.

Strictly speaking, "Otherworlders" aren't people from other worlds, they're just copies, no, they're not even that, they're more like an imitation of the souls of beings of other worlds, so strictly speaking they're natives, the Great God of Space observe their souls and then makes a imitations of them using the rules of his own world, it's something similar but not an exact copy, they're from souls to body being native to this world, the only otherworldly thing about them is their memories, fake memories to be exact (they never experienced them after all, they're just empty templates originally).

The reason why they can sense each other is because they're all divine creations of the Great God of Space, they can feel their brethren solely because of this, they can feel the divinely forged bodies of other "otherworlders" because they have ones too, and because they have the same creator. By the way, Rou later
Gains a skill called [Divinely Forged Form of An Otherworlder], and it gives him some of the abilities and boosts "otherworlders" get from divinely forged bodies, not everything though, because technically he's still not an "otherworld", that's why there are some of their abilities that he just can't get without either having a true divinely forged body or absorbing the skill specifically

Rou's situation is different though, he's a true otherworlder, someone whose soul truly passed through dimensions and transmigrated into this world, his soul carriess the laws of another world, a true otherworldly being, you can't possibly compare those cheap copies to him.

Users who are viewing this thread