Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daiisshou - Outo no Ichinichi Hen

Dex-chan lover
It's surprising that comment sat here for a year without getting anyone to screech about Rem being better. Her fans are kind of obnoxious about liking her.

I mean I personally like Rem more... But I do like Emilia very much too, she is very great. No hate for either side. But the series definitely has a good string going!

@Glomoro
Because Rem had character development. We saw her character growth, her growing attachment to the mc. Her suffering. Her devotion.
And for Emilia... She's the same as in s1e01. The heroine in distress, nothing much changed. She's kind of empty shell, pretty, cutesy, but nothing much else. She has no guts compared to Rem. Emilia is a blank character.

Dex-chan lover
@villko05 I don't really care if she's better or not, that's not really the point. Some people are entirely too obnoxious about it in either event. A good comparative example is all of the hate Twilight got in its prime. I mean, people (including me) still make that "still a better love story than Twilight" joke even now, but think back on that period when people just loved to hate it. Yes, it was overrated by a lot of people. But it was also way too hated by the other side. It wasn't great, but it wasn't a crime against humanity or something either. It was just some boring story with mediocre writing at the best of times, but the reactions to it were always in the extremes. People do the same for stuff like Sword Art Online for an example closer to the topic at hand.

This thing with Emilia and Rem is just the same old song and dance as always in just about any series that touches on the subject of multiple potential love interests. Some character that isn't the main love interest is much preferred by some fans, but they all knew who was the main love interest all along. They go in knowing exactly what to expect, and then reach expected disappointment. That much is fine, the phrase "you do you" comes to mind, but then some of those people also go on to be excessive about the whole thing. As the most vocal section of their group, they stand out in a bad way.

@Glomoro
You asked why people like Rem. I just stated my opinion. Emilia is boring, Rem felt like a true heroine which unfortunately was scraped. For me Re:Zero is already boring as it is. Removing the most interesting and cute character, and replacing it with a shallow one just made the series even less interesting.
And you're the one who started as you say "screetch" about Rem here.

Dex-chan lover
@villko05 I didn't ask anyone anything, though.
It's surprising that comment sat here for a year without getting anyone to screech about Rem being better. Her fans are kind of obnoxious about liking her.

As for "starting" screeching in here, all I see in here is someone being reasonable about their Rem preference just after I commented, a comment about very few comments, and some jokes and/or completely different character preference statements. Then of course there's your reply, which was reasonable too, but missed the point I intended so I expanded on what I was talking about while remaining civil. I don't see any "screeching" in here, yet. That remains a surprise to me, I've honestly come to expect worse from these kinds of communities, but the low number of comments that other person pointed out is probably playing a part in that.

@Glomoro
All I have to say, people are passionate about things they like.
Rem is cute and her character was developed in an interesting way. True waifu material. Her devotion to MC and her love hits loveless weebs hard.
Meanwhile, I hope Emilia's character will be developed more than just a "heroine in distress". Because other than that she doesn't have much going on atm. I would say she's even boring and too naive ("I want world peace"... ugh. Cringe )
I guess that's why so many people are complaining because pushing Rem to the side (completely) made the anime less interesting for some. She was one of the main characters, an interesting character, but she's no more.

Dex-chan lover
@villko05 Well, Emilia's big thing is probably
what started airing July 8th. I don't even know anything about it other than a few people saying her major character development was a bit after where the whole Rem thing happened, so I'd imagine that's where things are now with season 2. Otherwise it'll be the next thing after that one.

There's not any specifics in there, but I'd rather err on the side of caution I suppose.

Patrasche best girl. The author himself confirmed that in the web novel. Now I like Rem alot,big fan,but I really can't argue that assesment. Officially Patrasche best girl,but Rem will always be best girl for me,and I can live with that.

bruh i didn't think this manga wasn't as popular as you may have thought, only 100k and up to 200k on other "sequels/side-stories"

can someone please explain to me why re:zero is so popular? i've started watching the anime and am at episode 5 or 6, and i'm just soooo bored.

Users who are viewing this thread