[Reader] Pressing "chapter forward/backward" keybind on last/first chapter does not change URL properly

Contributor
If you press the "chapter forward" keybind when reading the last chapter of a series, the URL will change to the series webpage then change back to the chapter webpage (including what page you were on).
Likewise, if you press the "chapter backward" keybind when reading the first chapter of a series, the same thing will happen.

Usually, this bug has no noticeable effect. Even though the URL goes back to being the chapter webpage, the series webpage is displayed in the browser instead (I have tested this on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge on Windows and Firefox on Linux).

However, sometimes the page will somehow update and reload the chapter webpage. This bug currently persists for me on normal Firefox and I have been unable to replicate it anywhere else, whether it be Chrome, Edge, or even Firefox Private Browsing. It seemed to occur once on Chrome and then afterwards it went back to displaying the series webpage (although the URL was still the chapter webpage). I assume this is probably some sort of strange side effect and will probably be fixed if the main issue in the first paragraph is fixed.

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Hi, I wasn't able to reproduce your issue in any of the browsers you mentioned.
Could you specify the browsers versions you tried on? And maybe also share your reader settings.

Contributor
The browser versions I tried on were Firefox 114.0.1, Chrome 114.0.5735.134, and Edge 114.0.1823.51, all 64-bit.

I think I've found what causes the second bug (i.e. the one where pressing "chapter forward/backward" on last/first chapter reloads the chapter webpage instead of returning to the series webpage). It occurs when "Reader history mode" behavior is set to "Page URL and title update, and browser buttons work". However, if it is set to anything else, the first bug (i.e. the URL changing to the series webpage then back to the chapter webpage, but the series webpage is still displayed in the browser) still persists for me.

I've tested the "Automatically advance chapter on last page" behavior and it seems like both bugs persist regardless of whether the behavior is set to "Disabled" or "Enabled". I'm not sure why you've been unable to reproduce the bug at all; I've attached screenshots of my reader settings below.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Sadly I'm still unable to reproduce your issue no matter what I try.
Could you perhaps make a recording showcasing your issue?

Contributor
Here's the bug on Firefox. I've used an on-screen keyboard to make it more obvious when I'm pressing the keybind. The bug should be exactly the same on Chrome and Edge, so I didn't record doing it on those browsers.

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Thanks, now I was able to reproduce your issue, I'll send it to the devs.

Users who are viewing this thread