Real no Heroine wa Irimasen!

Fed-Kun's army
Not entirely "used goods"...I mean she still a virgin and "almost" get raped by her "boyfriend". "Almost" and it not like she's being raped...its "almost". The title is...y'know

Well this started out somewhat ok. You kind of had to do some mental gymnastics around the whole sexual violence part, but the idea of a romance about a girl trying to break a guy out of his eroge addiction and rejoin the real world is sort of cute. Too bad it just doesn't go anywhere... like at all.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus even the title cries that this was made for incels.... Who tf uses, even ironically, the term used goods??? No sorry hard pass

Dex-chan lover
Bah, it looks like the important things in Ch98 have to wait until that one's uploaded.

Fed-Kun's army
it's disappointing that this story just got shittier and shittier. jumping one shark after another.

Dex-chan lover
I think you guys are getting it wrong. Series like rascal dreams of bunny and series like dreaming boy is a realist… they have romance but are more about solving character problems.

This series is more about solving or pointing out character problems. The romance, comedy, and drama are all there to fuel people going back and forth.

This isn’t about virginity, this isn’t about harems, this isn’t about revenge: those are just tools for the conversation

That being said, this series is incredibly poorly paced… it’s almost like the author had a r*pe fetish and realized they had to artificially extend the story due to popularity…

Dex-chan lover
What is even this manga trying to be?
It aint a romcom, Ayame romance barely develops from him liking her and not accepting her cause his trauma, and this isnt funny, unnironicallly.
It aint a harem, there is no romance outside of Ayame till chapter 102. And even then it wouldnt be as you would need three and Yuuka has done nothing.

Its like its trying to be a mistery with the protagonist problem solving and investigation... but the mistery is, 'who is bullying Ayame'. The stakes feel low, the concecuences even lower.

Like no villian is really punished, most of the girls are just used by the next villian, and nothing happens.

So what was the main plot.

Trying to get over the protagonist trauma...

And that gets mostly ignored and the reason for his Trauma is also stupid.

Tbh i have seen bad mangas manage it so much better.

Dex-chan lover
What is even this manga trying to be?
It aint a romcom, Ayame romance barely develops from him liking her and not accepting her cause his trauma, and this isnt funny, unnironicallly.
It aint a harem, there is no romance outside of Ayame till chapter 102. And even then it wouldnt be as you would need three and Yuuka has done nothing.

Its like its trying to be a mistery with the protagonist problem solving and investigation... but the mistery is, 'who is bullying Ayame'. The stakes feel low, the concecuences even lower.

Like no villian is really punished, most of the girls are just used by the next villian, and nothing happens.

So what was the main plot.

Trying to get over the protagonist trauma...

And that gets mostly ignored and the reason for his Trauma is also stupid.

Tbh i have seen bad mangas manage it so much better.
Well there's been a lot of skipped content after chapter 60 or so but essentially the romance aspect picks up closer to the last volumes, even more so after Mana's appearance. It is also worth mentioning that the original LN ending has been changed. The outcome is the same but it has been enhanced with a lot more scenes context and an actual resolution which I believe was after the backlash of the half asses original LN ending.

Is it a trashy manga? Yes, yes it is. Are there similar manga that do it a lot better? Oh yeah. Does if deserve a read until the end despite all this? I think it certainly does.

I am not sure if its because I am an avid trash manga consumer or because of how the ending changed in the last chapters that made me forgive it but... I am going to read this through the end

Honestly, this looks like it would be a really entertaining story, but personally I think it based on a really shallow premise. The dude is so obsessed with a virgin girl that when he finds out a girl is "used goods" he starts to dislike women? It's kind of hard to empathize with that reason. Personally, I would have preferred something more akin to rent-a-girlfriend where he is betrayed by a girlfriend who he discovered was sleeping with another man after she told him she wanted to remain pure for marriage. It's a lot easier to sympathize with that reason for distrusting women.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaaaand the TL team just officially dropped the series confirmed on their discord. And we were this close to actually reaching the wonderful ending... God I hope somebody -picks this up

Dex-chan lover
Just caught up to the latest chapter as of now, Ch.116.

This story felt surreal all the way through with all the over the top setting that I felt like dropping many times (did dropped at one point), but the issue they tried to explore, on the other hand, felt it was basing on some real issue and/or interesting that I wanted to see the conclusion they'll reach (although the issues are shallow most of the time and the conclusion always felt a bit cheesy in the end for me). It's kinda love-hate situation that keep pushing me away on one hand, and pulling me in on the other.

Best suggestion would be give it a read for yourself for some few chapters. The tone you see will pretty much run the whole series, at least up to where I am. If you make it to the conclusion of an arc (which could be very far in, don't remember anymore when was the first conclusion), the same sort of conclusion will be there for you the next arc and the arc after. The story just felt somewhat more 'real' to me about somewhere after Ch.100. Personally, don't really recommend it to everyone, but I can see some people will enjoy it still. So, give it a try and decide for yourself if this is your cup of tea or not. Who knows, you might find it a guilty pleasure like me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread