Realist Maou ni Yoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku

Seems like a poor man's Dungeon Defense, suffers from characters with bland personalities and a bad premise.
The art's actually good though, even though the MC is quite literally a copy-paste of the DD protagonist, it's like someone told the illustrator to draw the exact same character and still manage to grasp on the atmosphere of the original.
Kudos to the illustrator, if someone told me cocorip changed styles and started drawing for a definitely not Dungeon Defense i'd believe it.

Can't wait until we get a nice introduction to Lapis Eve, maybe he'll even get a loli who'll be his general soon, who knows.

Another garbage isekai. Not even bad enough to warrant it as junk-food type reading.
It's just a bland, shitty story desperately trying to force "realism" as it's god awful gimmick.

first we got realistic kingdom "if you are hungry, just cultivate crops"
now we get realist maou "video game's mechanics are stupid if applied to a real world"

is "realist" an arrogant word to say normal?

Dex-chan lover
Genjitsushugisha-tier shitshow lmao. Can't believe people write these unironically.

Welp, back to Lazy Dungeon Master.

Oof. At first I was like this premise reminds me of Dungeon Defense.

The rest made it look like a poor copy of Dungeon Defense. Very shallow to it's core...

According to the jp Amazon link the first book has 340 pages. Despite starting off strong with a 38 page release the follow up chapters have a measly 11 and 12 pages. I’m stuck in this nonsensical tutorial and need to get to the meat of the story, come on. 340 pages / 11 pages = 30 chapters. If released every 5 days like the first three chapters were (yeah right) then this book released back in January is going to take 154 days to finish. 5 months. If you release one chapter a month then that chapter is a wonderful 68 pages long and is packed with more context and story. Release once per month you jackanape, you ill-bred lumpish sack of yeasty maggot-pie. Shitty 11 page chapters appeal only to the translation group.

Group Leader
@Yorochav
1) The link is for the LN.
2) The 1st volume of the manga hasn't been released.
3) Chapters are split in 4 parts released weekly, so, this manga is a monthly. This explains why chapters are small.
4) The team is only 1 chapter behind, but this manga is kinda hard to tl so it takes time.
5) If you wanna speed up the release pace, sure, do it. Make a scanlation team, do the translation, the proofreading, the cleaning, the redrawing, the typesseting and the quality checking all by yourself. Nothing prevents you from sniping this series.
6) Before insutling a team that provides you free translation of quality not like some speed scans, at least check your arguments before.

PS: If all those arguments don't prove to you that you're totally wrong then you're probably a lost cause.

Aggregator gang
Hmm, no harem here or on NovelUpdates, so that's a plus, but the description gives me the impression it's another "Supreme Mary Sue/Gary Stu comes to fantasy universe to tell everyone how stupid they are" series like I Shall Survive Using Potions. Think I'll pass on this one.

Just a really shit and poorly executed version of Dungeon Defence, not even worth reading to kill time.

The web novel, if anyone is interested:
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-legendary-rebuilding-of-a-world-by-a-realist-demon-king/

Dex-chan lover
Why every time I see the "Realist" word as part of a name, manga turns to be bad?

Fed-Kun's army
The execution of the story could be better rather than all that info dumping in chapter 1.

Aggregator gang
This is an abysmal adaption of the novel, who thought it was a good idea to move the beginning of the novel to the second chapter like that?

Also, this series is very pretentious. The author is writing what he thinks are smart (main) characters and a serious story, but he clearly doesn't understand nuance and so it all comes off very cringey. Genjitsushugisha is similar, but at least that has better execution and just slightly more nuance. Moreover, he apparently doesn't realize the word "pragmatic" exists, because that's a far more appropriate descriptor for the way MC is trying to act than "realist".

Dex-chan lover
@Keansor
"Supreme Mary Sue/Gary Stu comes to fantasy universe to tell everyone how stupid they are" - 10/10 description.

Users who are viewing this thread