Really a question which might lead to a suggestion. [Already Implemented]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Is there some notification of replies to chapter discussions ? Aka re: the bell getting a red dot like in the forums.

Upvote 0
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Watch button in the top right (in a thread) should be what you're looking for i imagine.

Dex-chan lover
Watch button in the top right (in a thread) should be what you're looking for i imagine.
The watch button would lead to info overload. If I watch all chapters I may comment in, it could be very boring for me. If I make a general comment in a chapter and someone make a insightful response, I may like to respond too.

Not looking for B/W, but more a grey area. Aka want more than none of it, but much less than all of it. ( >> me << ) A chapter bell looks to me best choice.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
The watch button would lead to info overload. If I watch all chapters I may comment in, it could be very boring for me. If I make a general comment in a chapter and someone make a insightful response, I may like to respond too.

Not looking for B/W, but more a grey area. Aka want more than none of it, but much less than all of it. ( >> me << ) A chapter bell looks to me best choice.
I don't really follow.. replies like this quote ↑ and @mentions ( @Ndtm ) should always follow your preferences regardless of if it's in a chapter comments or in the normal forum part (considering i can see reactions to my posts)

So if you're not talking about that then you're saying you want notifications for posts that don't directly relate to you.. so either that's "all in a section" or basically "i want an ai to read the posts and if the context in some way relates to what i posted then notify me".. so yeah.. i simply can't see you asking for the latter (which should be obvious, if not.. computationally expensive) which is why i opted for what was left..

Confused i am :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover
I don't really follow.. replies like this quote ↑ and @mentions ( @Ndtm ) should always follow your preferences regardless of if it's in a chapter comments or in the normal forum part (considering i can see reactions to my posts)

So if you're not talking about that then you're saying you want notifications for posts that don't directly relate to you.. so either that's "all in a section" or basically "i want an ai to read the posts and if the context in some way relates to what i posted then notify me".. so yeah.. i simply can't see you asking for the latter (which should be obvious, if not.. computationally expensive) which is why i opted for what was left..

Confused i am :questionblob:
Yea, that was a bit confusing wasn't it. I think it's more like if I get quoted or a reply. I want to know, so I may have to reply to it. A lot of times I am only vaguely interested in the chapter thread.

Dex-chan lover
Chapter threads are not in the forums. My prefs, do say notify on message/ref. But I think that only applies to forum messages.
I only turned off, notifications for the silly stuff related to MD only.

I just noticed, my message count says 404. Isn't that some error message like webpage busy 503 ?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Chapter threads are not in the forums. My prefs, do say notify on message/ref. But I think that only applies to forum messages.

I just noticed, my message count says 404. Isn't that some error message like webpage busy 503 ?
Chapter threads are forum threads.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator

They very much are on the forum which is why i even mentioned them in my post, they all get put in https://forums.mangadex.org/forums/chapter-discussions.60/ (and the series/title comments here)

(and for the 404, why can't it just be a number? there might be people who use http status code outside what they were intended but considering the only thing the end user would need to know is whether it's working or not it would only need to either show the number as normal or blank/NaN/-1/0/(something else) as a default for whenever it for some reason doesn't work, using a positive number for something that is intended to be a positive number as an error is just silly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread