Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator

Dex-chan lover
Another one.
Seriously, every author jumps on the mary sue bandwagon because they have no integrity or talent.

Dex-chan lover
after roughly 300 chapters he comes back and does the deal with the cousin before warping to another realm for god knows how long lmao. at least, he skullfucks everyone there.

@Uthred Yes, it's a cultural thing but its not just limited to the chinese. lots of cultures around the world have historically had punishments where the families of the criminal were also punished for the criminals crime. (for ex also seen in korean, vietnam, and japanese cultures to some lesser extent)

There's a Chinese phrase" 滿門抄斬、株連九族" or "nine familial extermination/execution of nine relations" which refers to the most serious serious punishment for a capital offense in Ancient China. Often for serious crimes like treason/rebellion, this punishment involved the execution of all relatives of an individual, which were categorized into 9 groups in ancient china. So This would be the criminal's parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts + their spouses and family, cousins + spouses and family , spouse + spouse's family, and any children + their spouse and family.
obviously this isn't really practiced in the modern world but you can see why chinese authors love to incorporate this kind of thing into their fiction.

Dex-chan lover
wait...that summary sounds familiar...pretty sure i've read a manhua with a similar premise before but i can't remember the title...

@Wolvenworks There's at least 5 manhuas with this kind of setup. For example... (in addition to this one) Rebirth of City Deity, Rebirth of Urban Mad Immortal, Return From the World of Immortals, Strongest Abandoned Son and there were few more I forgot. That's if we're talking about modern day rebirth, and rebirth and not posession. There's modern day "posession rebirth" manhua called "I was Trash" and dozens of them set in faux chinese empire, like Peerless Alchemist, Peerless Concubine, and so on.

This one sorta stands out, because the main character is completely insane and
slaughters large number of people with zero remorse - as long as anyone "offends" him, they're dead
. Russians translated it up to 389, but at the end it turns just into
endless slaughter and superpower pewpew
. Some say that light novel is better.

Dex-chan lover
@DeathDonut ah yeah that one. "Return From the World of Immortals". still not amused that it hasn't had a new chapter in 10 months because it's actually interesting

btw where's the earlier chapters for this?

@Wolvenworks "Return from the world of immortals" has been translated into english up to chapter 94, it is just not on mangadex. Latest chapter has been uploaded at 7th of June. Smiliar thing is with "Rebirth of Immortal Urban Cultivator" --> the rest of english chapters are online, but not here.

I'm not sure what mangadex's rules regarding other sites are, so would be best to type that in google, you should land on other site with it very quickly.

like every other cultivation type manhua the level of bullshit has reached that part where you can say goodbye, as always starting was fun and i read till chapter 305, but seriously after 250 or so chapters its becoming hard to keep interest in story line, now it just dragging the story line with gimmicks which are repeated 100 times, i can say i officially quit manhua at chapter 305

I like to check in on Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator every few months, to make sure it's still just rich assholes sitting around bragging about their families. So far so good!

Every scene of the comic is the same:
MC is underestimated. MC shows strength. Crowd claps.

Getting serious deja vu with every chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@LoupDeGarou the difference in this manhua is that the MC is a complete psychopath that has no trouble killing any amount of people. For any reason.

In most wuxia/xianxia (at least the translated ones I read), the protagonist will be ruthless to his real enemies, yes. But will also be pragmatic, often accepting compensations and/or sparing those not directly involved (subordinates, families...)
But the MC here is a busy man. Anyone who slights him dies. And their families too. And their sects too. And their cities too. He has to meet his quota! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread