Dex-chan lover
hurr hurr hurr
sniper rifle
get it
sniper
snipe
anyways... fight was totally unnecessary
i guess it was supposed to be funny to see big lady go hardboiled on everyone
but adventurers just attacked a monster on a gal's shoulder for what reason?
if it was a danger, she would have never made it to the guild...
they know what contracts are clearly... yet so many panicked like this

Did lhtranslation drop some manga? I noticed this sniper in some of lh

Why is everyone so upset that LH is getting mangas sniped from them? Its their own fault.
They translate mangas and ask for donations to "hire more translators and buy more raws and to release faster", which is a complete and utter lie. Even if they didn't have the financial means to upload so many series its their own fault for taking on so many series to begin with.

They'll upload a single chapter on less popular mangas once every 3 months to prevent people from sniping them, Or they'll create a backlog and release monthly for the more popular mangas where they're consistently 3 months behind the official japanese releases.
As you can see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w-9nAZeIW3SE5WqTNImLL0E6ZpZhS8q2dqjur_0Vm-E/edit#gid=0

When someone challenges them they'll suddenly start uploading chapters that they've prepared BEFOREHAND. As witnessed here:
unknown.png

Where they uploaded 6 chapters in a single day as soon as they got challenged.

So no, I have 0 pity for LH translations, they brought this upon themselves. Even if this was MTLed its not a bad translation, and certainly not as bad as LH's behavior. They're just drip feeding chapters while they beg for donations, thats all there is to it.

Dex-chan lover
@Touje
No, he is just sniping some of the LHT series to troll the group. LHT is continuing this series and will ignore his sniped chapters. We are still in the middle of typesetting chapter 4 and we WILL still release it once it is ready regardless of what he does. We have already translated and proofread chapter 5 as well.

We were taking some time to try and improve the picture quality as the scans from the publisher were... sub-par. So we have been trying to reduce the scan grid on chapters 4 and 5 before releasing them.

I’m really surprised an M107 Sniper Rifle managed to scanlate an entire chapter of manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Haeruna

That is some serious levels of false conspiracy theories there. If you were on the discord, you would see the ACTUAL story. Heck, you could bug the staff about our slow releases there (like some already do) and we can give you updates of chapter status directly.

Our translators DO get paid, and the boss of the group buys the raws for all our series. That does cost money (and before you ask, no, I don't get paid, I'm just a volunteer proofreader). Donations are optional, we lose donors when we delay chapters (and donors can see our staff chats, so they would know if we were purposely holding back chapters), so I don't even understand the logic you are using to claim these lies. We simply had a mass exodus of staff earlier this year and slowly gained staff (like myself) to fill the voids.

That series you are using as an example is one of those series that lost its translator until two weeks before that snipe war happened. We were quality checking that first chapter in question the day they released their group of chapters. The translator had just finished translating up to ch. 13 on the day prior to that big release by Soseki scans. So, no, we were NOT hogging chapters for some illogical reason just to piss off our donors. We simply had a staffing issue that we have slowly been recovering from.

Also, for series that we are behind on, if you have a group that thinks they can do it faster and as good or better quality than us, talk to us about it. We have let go of quite a few series this year to good teams. Just asking us shouldn't be THAT hard to do, right? (if soseki had asked us before they started, we would have probably let them have the series. Just a FYI for the future.)

To be fair the highest record for sniping was made with a Russian M-1891/1930 Nagant made by Simo Häyhä during the Winter War.

Just a question here, why the hell, we reader, have to bother who translate ?
Unpopular opinion here : I don't care who translate a manga as long as it's readable and not behind schedule every month/week, I'm just happy to see an update, and thank people for the chapter.

@xboxbam

Oh so your "new translator" just so happened to have translated precisely up to where Soseki did, and then when Soseki went one further LH followed up within 5 hours?
Why weren't the chapters released earlier which was obviously possible?
Why didn't LH just downscale and open up the manga to other translators if they couldn't handle the scale of the operation instead of uploading every 3 months trying to hold a claim? Saying "Oh if they just asked us!" isn't an excuse.
The ability to "read staff chat" is a fake perk, as you can just change chat rooms. If anything, that being labeled as "proof" just makes it more suspicious.
LH has been promising "Faster translations if you donate!" for years and have never followed up on it, Though its hidden behind a "Oh you don't have to!" and Paypal gifts instead of Patreon subscriptions or legitimate payments for services. There weren't any excuses a year ago and there aren't any now. Meanwhile LH just keeps adding more and more mangas that they're obviously not willing to keep updated.

I'd tell anyone, just go ahead and snipe all you want because LH will never improve itself.

@Says LH is almost always behind schedule. They're only up to date on 6 out of 35 or so mangas they claimed and one of those hasn't had a official chapter released in 5 months.

@Haeruna Well, it is as you say, they are behind schedule, and not just LH, many Scanlation team are (if you feel targeted by this sentence maybe you are part of the problem), gatekeeping isn't just one group, if a manga is liked it will bring more donation.
Reader on Mangadex find it strange to see different group translate a manga, meanwhile when you browse on internet, you can see tons of team doing the same manga, they just don't put it here, the sniping religion is strong on Mangadex, it's so strong that almost everytime someone try to realese faster, they get shut down by other people claiming to be white knight of said team. It's like politics, people love you, they will protect you.
I do have friends that love translate manga, but they never uploaded it on any website, cause of the shitstorm it can generate, we live in 2020 but people act like the age of cro-magnon on the internet.

@thorlong for a long time, the distance record taken with an M2 Browning with a scope.

Carlos Hathcock was a legend, though not as much a legend as the White Death.

Users who are viewing this thread