Rebuild World - Vol. 10 Ch. 47

said it once will say it again, pickpocket situation was covered a LOT better here than the Web Novel. Thank FUCK we dont have to worry about a bajilion chapters of akira chasing a petty pickpocket just to fuckin kill her (a'overreaction? I dont know the meaning of such a word!"- WN Akira probably)
WARNING, SPOILERS FOR BOTH WN AND LN FOLLOW!

Some clarification is required: There wasn't 'bajillion chapters of Akira chasing a petty pickpocket'.
Resolution happened much later in WN because her story was intertwined with other story arcs (Yonozuka station ruins that manga covers right now, Bounty monsters hunt, Mihazono ruins - Seranthal building exploration, attack on Sheryl's relic shop).
So while it took almost 100 chapters from theft till the Ezont estate fight and Alna's death, majority of story wasn't about her.

(RW LN tends to package the whole stories neatly in one volume so I guess a long running 'parallel' story that would span 4+ books from later chapters of LN Vol.2 part 2 till the end of Vol.5 wasn't desirable, among other things.)

As for the overreaction part, that's what happens in LN/manga.
In WN Akira was obviously very pissed after he was robbed but he stayed calm enough to listen to Alpha and didn't start shooting while running down the streets like a madman.
After running into Katsuya and his team, Akira realized he's outnumbered and outgunned and backed off after some prompting from Alpha despite Katsuya's mocking (Yumina didn't intervene, only scolded Katsuya after Akira left).

In LN/manga he went berserk, guns blazing, despite not having augmented suit and Alpha's support.
Ignored Alpha's advice and after confronting Katsuya's group and getting mocked, his brain shut down and he reached for his rifle.
Only survived because LN Yumina intervened.

If throwing own life away in a fit of rage isn't a huge overreaction then I don't know what is.

Certainly not killing someone who stole 100K Aurum from him.
That's kind of typical punishment for such deed in slums:
'he did not feel like going with the usually expected punishment either, which was just a simple bullet in the head'
( LN Vol.2 part 2 chapter 69 - A Matter of Perspective. )
People in slums kill each other for much less.
Manga being abridged version of LN skipped that story, but in LN and WN Akira got jumped by 5 other armed kids trying to rob him after he got his first reward from Hunter office (300 Aurum) and he only managed to survive because of his stock of old world medicine. (WN chapter 5, LN Vol.2 part 2 chapter 67 - in form of a flashback)

Finally I can't agree with 'pickpocket situation was covered a LOT better here than the Web Novel'.
It's not much of an argument that it's better because it got resolved quickly or that Akira 'just' killing her in the end was an overreaction, because it really wasn't.
Also, big gang war from LN Vol.5 can't hold a candle to WN final showdown in Ezont mansion and replacement stories covering for the shorter pickpocket arc are less than stellar, and that's putting it mildly.

There's a bunch of things LN did better than WN, but the pickpocket story wasn't one of them.

Power Uploader
said it once will say it again, pickpocket situation was covered a LOT better here than the Web Novel. Thank FUCK we dont have to worry about a bajilion chapters of akira chasing a petty pickpocket just to
fuckin kill her (a'overreaction? I dont know the meaning of such a word!"- WN Akira probably)
Is that what happens instead of her just joining the gang?

Dex-chan lover

Some clarification is required: There wasn't 'bajillion chapters of Akira chasing a petty pickpocket'.
Resolution happened much later in WN because her story was intertwined with other story arcs (Yonozuka station ruins that manga covers right now, Bounty monsters hunt, Mihazono ruins - Seranthal building exploration, attack on Sheryl's relic shop).
So while it took almost 100 chapters from theft till the Ezont estate fight and Alna's death, majority of story wasn't about her.

(RW LN tends to package the whole stories neatly in one volume so I guess a long running 'parallel' story that would span 4+ books from later chapters of LN Vol.2 part 2 till the end of Vol.5 wasn't desirable, among other things.)

As for the overreaction part, that's what happens in LN/manga.
In WN Akira was obviously very pissed after he was robbed but he stayed calm enough to listen to Alpha and didn't start shooting while running down the streets like a madman.
After running into Katsuya and his team, Akira realized he's outnumbered and outgunned and backed off after some prompting from Alpha despite Katsuya's mocking (Yumina didn't intervene, only scolded Katsuya after Akira left).

In LN/manga he went berserk, guns blazing, despite not having augmented suit and Alpha's support.
Ignored Alpha's advice and after confronting Katsuya's group and getting mocked, his brain shut down and he reached for his rifle.
Only survived because LN Yumina intervened.

If throwing own life away in a fit of rage isn't a huge overreaction then I don't know what is.

Certainly not killing someone who stole 100K Aurum from him.
That's kind of typical punishment for such deed in slums:
'he did not feel like going with the usually expected punishment either, which was just a simple bullet in the head'
( LN Vol.2 part 2 chapter 69 - A Matter of Perspective. )
People in slums kill each other for much less.
Manga being abridged version of LN skipped that story, but in LN and WN Akira got jumped by 5 other armed kids trying to rob him after he got his first reward from Hunter office (300 Aurum) and he only managed to survive because of his stock of old world medicine. (WN chapter 5, LN Vol.2 part 2 chapter 67 - in form of a flashback)

Finally I can't agree with 'pickpocket situation was covered a LOT better here than the Web Novel'.
It's not much of an argument that it's better because it got resolved quickly or that Akira 'just' killing her in the end was an overreaction, because it really wasn't.
Also, big gang war from LN Vol.5 can't hold a candle to WN final showdown in Ezont mansion and replacement stories covering for the shorter pickpocket arc are less than stellar, and that's putting it mildly.

There's a bunch of things LN did better than WN, but the pickpocket story wasn't one of them.
SPOILERS PROBABLY AHEAD SO

Except in the grand scheme it was seriously an overreaction that did NOT need to go on as long as it did. Yes the pickpocket storyline was muddled with others but it still took up a huge chunk of the writing. And frankly it IS better that akira settled the pickpocket issue quicker, in the WN (and maybe this is just an issue with the format but idk im not familiar with WN's as a whole aside from this series) it drags and makes Akira look even worse. His character development in the WN is really really slow (again could be a matter of the format). It certainly felt like a major overreaction even despite Akira's past just because it seemed to put his development on hold. If the act of killing her later came back to haunt him then id be a bit more forgiving, but he never shows any real growth from that moment, and the way people around him react to it is kinda.. non existent. Either way its not like we wont get the Ezont family battle, cuz he also has to rescue sheryl (tho im not an LN reader so correct me if im wrong that it hasnt gotten to that point yet or not idk)

SPOILERS PROBABLY AHEAD SO

Except in the grand scheme it was seriously an overreaction that did NOT need to go on as long as it did. Yes the pickpocket storyline was muddled with others but it still took up a huge chunk of the writing. And frankly it IS better that akira settled the pickpocket issue quicker, in the WN (and maybe this is just an issue with the format but idk im not familiar with WN's as a whole aside from this series) it drags and makes Akira look even worse. His character development in the WN is really really slow (again could be a matter of the format). It certainly felt like a major overreaction even despite Akira's past just because it seemed to put his development on hold. If the act of killing her later came back to haunt him then id be a bit more forgiving, but he never shows any real growth from that moment, and the way people around him react to it is kinda.. non existent. Either way its not like we wont get the Ezont family battle, cuz he also has to rescue sheryl (tho im not an LN reader so correct me if im wrong that it hasnt gotten to that point yet or not idk)

Not going to argue about your opinion on length besides noting that the 'huge chunk of writing' part which is again an exaggeration, just like the 'bajilion chapters' was.

You keep going on about 'overreaction' while it clearly wasn't one.
Akira's motives were spelled out and consistent both with his previous behavior and with what's natural in that shitty world they live in.
I can understand why people might dislike Akira killing a girl that wasn't a direct thread to him, just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time but I'm not a fan of making up reasons instead of outright saying it was a shitty thing to do and Akira still has a long way to go as far as his self esteem issues are concerned.

LN version of the same timeline doesn't solve any character development issues. It strings together multiple smaller stories about Sheryl's relic shop which will put people to sleep, tries to fix missing hooks for future events with silly or outright ridiculous replacements (Viola's explanation about fake Akira being the reason for her spreading rumors, Tiol's story - where he as an outsider sneaks into 'high security' part of Sheryl's relic warehouse and when she finds out, he falls in love with her on the spot which masks his suspicious behavior (not even making shit up) and deliveres nothing of the great battle that was the WN version of big gang war (Sheryl isn't a hostage, whole fight happens elsewhere under different circumstances and Akira's participation is kind of marginal, Drankam team gets written into the events and jobs horribly, only Yumina gets some love in the LN but that's kind of given since 90%+ of the changes in the early LN volumes are about her.)

As a consequence of the changes we also lose Akira's dinner date with Elena, Sara and Shizuka and following meeting with Katsuya and Sheryl which was outright hilarious.
Not a good trade.

Dex-chan lover
Simp lord Cat-see-yaa strikes again literally told he's being manipulated still sees nothing this is some Vegeta level confidence in himself.
Kind strange how i can like Vegate who has literally committed genocide and slavery(probably) but not Cat-see-yaa i guess because Vegeta knows hes an ass(evil) and loves it but Cat-see-yaa thinks himself mr justice

Just gonna let you guys know that Yumina isn't Katsuya's gf alright. I don't want no ruckus.
But she did genuinely love him...so we gotta respect that tho...i hope akira wont fall for her...although in LN...he did tho lol

Banned

Not going to argue about your opinion on length besides noting that the 'huge chunk of writing' part which is again an exaggeration, just like the 'bajilion chapters' was.

You keep going on about 'overreaction' while it clearly wasn't one.
Akira's motives were spelled out and consistent both with his previous behavior and with what's natural in that shitty world they live in.
I can understand why people might dislike Akira killing a girl that wasn't a direct thread to him, just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time but I'm not a fan of making up reasons instead of outright saying it was a shitty thing to do and Akira still has a long way to go as far as his self esteem issues are concerned.

LN version of the same timeline doesn't solve any character development issues. It strings together multiple smaller stories about Sheryl's relic shop which will put people to sleep, tries to fix missing hooks for future events with silly or outright ridiculous replacements (Viola's explanation about fake Akira being the reason for her spreading rumors, Tiol's story - where he as an outsider sneaks into 'high security' part of Sheryl's relic warehouse and when she finds out, he falls in love with her on the spot which masks his suspicious behavior (not even making shit up) and deliveres nothing of the great battle that was the WN version of big gang war (Sheryl isn't a hostage, whole fight happens elsewhere under different circumstances and Akira's participation is kind of marginal, Drankam team gets written into the events and jobs horribly, only Yumina gets some love in the LN but that's kind of given since 90%+ of the changes in the early LN volumes are about her.)

As a consequence of the changes we also lose Akira's dinner date with Elena, Sara and Shizuka and following meeting with Katsuya and Sheryl which was outright hilarious.
Not a good trade.
You seem very knowledgeable about the story. I wonder if Sheryl was the sextoy of the former gang leader Akira killed? I heard that in the wn/ln it is stated that the gang leader waited for Sheryl to be "ripe", but there was no mention of it in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Cucktsuya

But fr tho how long is it gonna be until somebody knocks some sense into the dude instead of just yesmanning him at every turn

Dex-chan lover
How advanced is the LN? I just saw spoilers of the WN and I hope the other two girls don't die in the LN and manga, does the death of them already came in the LN or there's still hope for a change in the story? I mean, Yumina's one of a hell character for what I've seen, she's smart af but she's in love and affected by the brainwash so I hope the only one who dies is Katsuya

Dex-chan lover
maybe she has her woman filter on or akira did what alpha suggested(for what? idk)

or yumina is simply good at talking. she did defuse the situation on both fight(underground and pickpocket) after all.
Yea she's good at de-escalating a situation, given how she has Katsuya around her all of the time, it's very necessary to develop those skills

Dex-chan lover
I have to remind myself that this girl's affection with Akira was borne from mild Stockholm Symdrome.
I think it's kind of a self projection thing, where's she's been faking feelings for him so desperately that they've become real

Users who are viewing this thread