Recommendation for manga that make you emotional and... cry.

Hello everybody!
I'm looking for manga that either touches my heart or destroy me !
I have here a list of book that had this effect to capture the vision :

Completed :
Dddd / Punpun
Mob psycho 100
Wakusei closet
Im a Hero
Fire punch
Beck
Wandering Emanon
River's edge / Pink
Homonculus

Reading :
Q, What is love ?
Dungeon meshi
Berserk
Chi no wadashi
To your eternity
Land of the lustrous
Kowloon generic romance

All of them made me feel stuff and I look forward reading your propositions, thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Here's my recommendation:
Fuuka
Kimi ni Koisuru Satsujinki
Rainbow
Sugarless (HOSOKAWA Masami)
Kyoushitsu Jibaku Club
Signal 100
Shoujo Fujuubun
Ousama Game
Ousama Game: Shuukyoku
Usogui
Higanjima

Group Leader
Kono oto tomare needs an honorable mention. I'm legit crying when their hard work finally paid off on national preliminary. And currently they are fighting for national contest.

Thank guys, you gave me some great recommendations ! I'll be busy for a while :]

Dex-chan lover
Wakusei closet
My man.

If you liked Punpun and Inio Asano in general, you can't go wrong with Furuya Minoru's stuff. Himizu if you want something in that vein. Saltiness is pretty much the reverse of that series, having the same themes, premise and a similar character while going in a completely opposite story direction. The absurd humor gets your guard down, then it hits you with these very sincere emotional moments when you think you have the series figured out. I strongly recommend both.

Girls' Last Tour isn't on your list, so I'd recommend it if you haven't read it already. If you like that sort of subdued style, Imitation Crystal's stuff often gets a strong, hollow feeling out of me (in a good way). Game Club and Spectral Wizard would fit your bill the most, but I'd say all his series are worth a read.

Here's one of a completed manga that I think are super underrated, Gohan No Otomo. From the cover and title you probably guess that this is a gourmet/cooking manga, but the food is only a side dish here. This is a wholesome manga about a daily life of people living in small town and their daily struggle, each chapter is showing you the point of view of different character and their problem in life, from a young college woman being insecure about herself to an old grandpa learning how to handle losing someone dear to him. the author did an amazing job at giving each and every character a vibrant personality making you feels like each and every characters here a real person instead of a fictional figures. If manga like Punpun and Fire punch breaks you with the author's deep philosophical view about one's life, this manga will instead warm you up and make you appreciate little things in your everyday life.

Last edited:
Another manga that I think are underrated, My Broken Mariko. This manga is about a woman trying to cope with the fact that she lost her friend to suicide. Although the manga is short and already finished with 5 chapter, with that 5 chapter the author manage to potrayed how someone's grief with losing a loved one to suicide and how abuse affects you in your daily life soo realisticly that it made you wonder what are you gonna do if you're being put at their shoes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread