Record of Ragnarok - Ch. 81 - Pridefulness vs. Stubbornness

Dex-chan lover
Bro why do you still go on about that discourse of "Yeah this guy is the real deal, the god we all trust and know he's invincible" that certainly didn't go well for any greek jobber.

Dex-chan lover
Put that flamboyant bastard on his knees, hell yeah. Doesn't matter who wins the fight; Apollo lost forever no matter the outcome.

Dex-chan lover
I can't decide who to cheer for, the twink or the Big Boss with the angry lady.

Dex-chan lover
Leo was looking pretty bad there for a bit; I'm glad he caved Apollo's face in.

Dex-chan lover
Looks like - more than any other fight - this'll be a battle of pride. Will Apollo learn humility first or will Leonidas learn how to yield (as in being flexible like a reed vs rigid like a tree).

Group Leader
Holy Shit, was not expecting you guys to ever cover the english translation too.

Dex-chan lover
Leonidas is great I don't know why people dislike him because he doesn't have a spear and sparta helmet, but I do admit that his weapon is kinda goofy. However Leonidas is exactly how spartans are showed in various works, as big, angry warriors that don't fear death &etc.
I meant it's not the problem that he don't use spear/sparta helm and more like he is rocking a full on modern military outfit with a cigar, he is quite literally becoming the goofiest character.

It's not even a far fetch to think that his weapon will be a full on mini gun or ar at this point.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda smell Musashibou Benkei type of death from Leo ngl lmao
I dunno if it is the way I think it is in japanese, but there's a LOT of emphasis on "A Spartan never kneels nor lower their head" in this chapter's dialogs. But then again, we already had a standing death on Adam so dunno if they gonna pull that schtick again.

That is if the author is planning to put Leo on defeat anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Ah great, a third group to scanlate this. We did need more.

You could've given me 1001 guesses as to what form Leonidas' shield took next and "spits out its exterior as spider-like legs that coalesce into a ball he then uses a cudgel" would never have appeared.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why people are talking about historical accuracy. Tesla didn't invent teleportation, Adam isn't some superhuman, Lu bu didn't split the fucking sky. Leonidas being a gym dude is the least of your concerns here.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Let me get this straight, Leonidas are educated in many field, military tactics is just something that is taught on Spartan as education curriculum with that training. In that mind, he has trained enough to use any type of weaponry, so aside from cudgel, I think his ace will be the spear.

Remember the way 300 Spartans rear guard really stopped more than 300.000 Persian because of geographical advantages Leonidas saw over that. Without the rear guards sacrifice I think Persian would decimate Greece.

Users who are viewing this thread