Record of Ragnarok - Ch. 81 - Pridefulness vs. Stubbornness

Dex-chan lover
Man, Leonidas is completely unmatched compared to Apollo. So far, the fights have been more or less even (the sole exception being Buddha vs Zerofuku), but in this case, Leonidas only managed to hit Apollo because dude was arrogant enough to hold back.

Dex-chan lover
I meant it's not the problem that he don't use spear/sparta helm and more like he is rocking a full on modern military outfit with a cigar, he is quite literally becoming the goofiest character.

It's not even a far fetch to think that his weapon will be a full on mini gun or ar at this point.
I don't see the problem with that.
Spartans worship war. It wouldn't make sense for them to not use modern way of fighting when they had the knowledge about it available in the afterlife.

Dex-chan lover
Sure sure, Sparta cool this, don't mess with it that, but there is a slight problem with the idea of spartan invincibility.
Thebes.

Author saw 300 and really thought it was historically accurate. Yeah, wank off Sparta some more, please.
I don't know, it feels like most of the humans were 'glorified' by the author. :) So this is about the amount of wanking off I'd expect from this manga.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda smell Musashibou Benkei type of death from Leo ngl lmao
I dunno if it is the way I think it is in japanese, but there's a LOT of emphasis on "A Spartan never kneels nor lower their head" in this chapter's dialogs. But then again, we already had a standing death on Adam so dunno if they gonna pull that schtick again.

That is if the author is planning to put Leo on defeat anyway.
We had 2 even Raiden also died firmly standing as Shiva praised hin for even

Dex-chan lover
Man that's fucking bullshit. Just because Spartan man stubborn, Jobpollo suddenly forgot all his boxing footwork and swiftness and also completely turned off any and all ability to react. I don't buy that he's that weak or that Big Boss is so strong to pull him into a headbutt like that. A really lame attempt at trying to make Leonidas seem cool. Instead of doing that, how about you made him cool from the beginning by giving him a spear and not a slow ungabunga mace.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why people are talking about historical accuracy. Tesla didn't invent teleportation, Adam isn't some superhuman, Lu bu didn't split the fucking sky. Leonidas being a gym dude is the least of your concerns here.
Because people hate gymbros I guess? Everything up until now has been absolute jank I agree.

Dex-chan lover
Author saw 300 and really thought it was historically accurate. Yeah, wank off Sparta some more, please.
You're saying this about the manga that features Nikola Tesla in teleporting mech suit. Nothing about this was ever meant to be historically accurate, it's 100% pure hype

Dex-chan lover
I meant it's not the problem that he don't use spear/sparta helm and more like he is rocking a full on modern military outfit with a cigar, he is quite literally becoming the goofiest character.

It's not even a far fetch to think that his weapon will be a full on mini gun or ar at this point.
You say that like it isn't objectively cool as fuck. I don't know what manga y'all have been reading all this time, but this has always been ridiculous and over-the-top in the best possible way

Dex-chan lover
You say that like it isn't objectively cool as fuck. I don't know what manga y'all have been reading all this time, but this has always been ridiculous and over-the-top in the best possible way
I mean, you could consider it cool, I just don't think it's cool. As for the ridiculous factor, what would you think if Jack the ripper was using a cat ear and a buttplug? What if Lu Bu started the fight using street wear punk style with gold chain around his neck?

What I want from the ridiculous factor is Kojiro having stupid ability of foresight, Raiden weird muscle, Qin Shi bubble thing not Tesla using budget techwear.

Meo

Dex-chan lover
First Leo had a shield like Captain America and now he has a club like a caveman? I hope he doesn't bring out a mace next...

Dex-chan lover
1. Damn, his weapon is really weird
2. Ah yes, good old "this is sparta"
3. I liked the conclusion of this chapter, it's nice, now time for one of them's flashback, then another chapter of fighting, then the other's flashback and then one kills the other (probably the god)

I mean, you could consider it cool, I just don't think it's cool. As for the ridiculous factor, what would you think if Jack the ripper was using a cat ear and a buttplug? What if Lu Bu started the fight using street wear punk style with gold chain around his neck?

What I want from the ridiculous factor is Kojiro having stupid ability of foresight, Raiden weird muscle, Qin Shi bubble thing not Tesla using budget techwear.
If Jack the Ripper had a legend about using cat ears or a buttplug: I wouldn't care if he did.
If Lu Bu had a legend about wearing bling: I wouldn't care if he did.
Spartans are legendary for their ability to fight and to die rather than retreating. It's their entire shtick. Their legend is the spear wall, a shield and spear formation. Their legend isn't about tactics, because frankly they aren't very good at them. Their legend isn't about their helmets. It's about being dumb meatheads with shields and spears.
So far Leonidas has the shield, and in the next couple of chapters I'm willing to bet his stupid mace turns into an equally stupid spear.
Plus, getting mad that he might use a mini gun or he's wearing modern fatigues is like getting mad that Qin Shi Huang was naked, Adam knew modern boxing, or the Buddha is a candy eating Japanese street punk. We've been having asynchronous techniques and technology throughout the entire manga. Expecting Leonidas to be any different is silly.

Dex-chan lover
I personally just don't like Leonidas. Apollo is using legitimate tactics to power himself up and thusly is actually taking it seriously. Leonidas is the one with the chip on his solder imagining that Apollo wasn't and that is making him look like a an angry chihuahua out of ignorance. Plus Sparta was a slave economy with brutality we wouldn't see matched until the americas. He is not one of the "good guys" and is more akin to how we thought jack the ripper might be like before the sad backstories seeped in.

Users who are viewing this thread